Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by maclovin View Post
    Question: how do you guys get 8.5 -9.5L/100kms on Euro? Even the hybrid need more fuel than the euro. isn't it insane...
    I flog mine all the time and get 8's. You must have some really bad stop - start driving!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    8.21 is the worst I have ever recorded & that was on the first tank from the dealer, so obviously it was not completely full. every tank since that time has been between a best of 6.03 & a worst of 7.54.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux

Angry

2006 cl9 luxury,

uses 11.5 l/ 100km on the trip computer

i think this is way too heavy for a 4cyl....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    8.21 is the worst I have ever recorded & that was on the first tank from the dealer, so obviously it was not completely full. every tank since that time has been between a best of 6.03 & a worst of 7.54.
    thats gotta be highway driving ?????

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd17 View Post
    2006 cl9 luxury,

uses 11.5 l/ 100km on the trip computer

i think this is way too heavy for a 4cyl....
    I can get that high I reset the trip computer while I'm doing some lead-footed city driving..

Otherwise something's a bit unusual.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    chuboy; yeh i might have to add a bit of details !!!

car uses caltex 95.. some people are complaining it isnt really good...
    my driving is revving no more than 2500rpm.......
    service was done 3000kms ago .....
    11.5 is ridicolous and the car only has 65000kms on the clock so its not overly driven.

in comparison, had a bmw 120d.... it used 8.5L/100km and same style driving (to the train station how embarrasing) and it used to get a boot especially with the 340nm pulling power.

any ideas from the honda community? i love the euro, it has such good features but im a bit let down on fuel consumption

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    That sort of consumption does seem unusually high, do you notice anything unusual about how the car drives? What tyre pressure are you running? Have you always got that kind of consumption?

For me the most I ever get over a long period of city driving is probably ~10L/100.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    That sort of consumption does seem unusually high, do you notice anything unusual about how the car drives? What tyre pressure are you running? Have you always got that kind of consumption?

For me the most I ever get over a long period of city driving is probably ~10L/100.
    in all honesty bought the thing last week :P always serviced at honda... this person was the type that just paid honda to do everything not even change a light bulb himself.. mind you the mats are dirty so he has used it well. body of car is in good condition paintwork is awesome ! its the pearl white...

i will update everyone when i get to use this for "non station runs" !!! and see if the fuel settles down.

tyres are yokohamas with 75% tread, running at 34psi. i checked.

im thinking now it could be the caltex fuel in the end its woolies .... hopefully it is actually 98 vortex they are selling me :S

**diesels are honestly by far getting very popular and really good in both power and economy im sure the euro will see a diesel variant very soon. bad point is they know everyone is getting a diesel and jack up the prices...
    bmw was my parents. im thinking i should have loaned some money and bought that off them now :S

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Lol give it a long run on the motorway somewhere and you should get no more than 7L/100, probably closer to 6. Any higher than that and something is up. I drove from the Gold Coast to Brisbane with a fully loaded Euro and trailer attached and I still got about 7L/100 so it is an economical car.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by rayd17 View Post
    thats gotta be highway driving ?????
    The majority of it is country driving granted, but for the last 4 months I have lived in the center of Hervey Bay which is quite congested at times with a lot of 50kmh speed limits. in saying that I use pedal power a lot now ..... lol

I have used 2 tanks of Shell V Power & 2 tanks of Vortex 98 since I have had the car, & it makes no noticeable difference to power or economy than vortex 95 which is what i normally use

People need to take note of Honda's advise fuel consumption - 12.3 City Cycle, 6.9 Country Cycle, so if your purely driving in the city i would suggest 11 to 13L / 100, depending on how much stop start driving you do, or how much driving u do on a cold engine.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 31-03-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    The majority of it is country driving granted, but for the last 4 months I have lived in the center of Hervey Bay which is quite congested at times with a lot of 50kmh speed limits. in saying that I use pedal power a lot now ..... lol

I have used 2 tanks of Shell V Power & 2 tanks of Vortex 98 since I have had the car, & it makes no noticeable difference to power or economy than vortex 95 which is what i normally use

People need to take note of Honda's advise fuel consumption - 12.3 City Cycle, 6.9 Country Cycle, so if your purely driving in the city i would suggest 11 to 13L / 100, depending on how much stop start driving you do, or how much driving u do on a cold engine.

no worries buddah, its early days of me owning a cl9 so see how we go. otherwise its a marvellous vehicle; ive been quoted 500 km out of 68 litres of a falcon xr6 city driving which sits it at around 12L/100 .... makes u wonder if these 4cylinders are economical just for pure city driving unless i downgrade to a freakin yaris :S or getz before u start seeing 7's ? can anyone back up the quoted value ive asked from others ?

if we can afford a euro we can afford the fuel put it that way ! by all means i dont degrade the euro. its a different class of car that we all have to appreciate ! quality/handling/decent power and its kit is all comparible with european.

btw * your euro is doing very well fuel wise ! good car you got there

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I've got a cl9 euro (AUTOMATIC) for 7 years now. Lived in metro Sydney and Brisbane.

Fuel consumption for metro city driving was always 9L or more. It'll get progressivelly worse as the car ages.
    Currently it's drinking 11L in city driving now for me for the last few weeks. But I know it can spike to 12+ I you use aircon or thick engine oil.

Manual will be a lot better, especially a car ages.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars