Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15

Thinking of switching to an EP3R

Hi all,

I'm currently driving an s15 but have been thinking of switching into something a bit less out there which would make a good daily but still have a bit of go and handling ability. I previously owned an s2k and loved the way the motor would rev and the silky smooth gearbox as well as the tight handling.

Question to you ep3 owners is how do you find it as a daily driven car? Fuel economy from what I can tell is pretty good (although my s15 is not too bad, about 10l/100km).

Any major problems to watch out for?

Cheers,
    John
    -S15R-

ep3r is a fantastic little car. Think of it as a newer EK9/E4......that is , not super fast but very nice in the corners and at the track. It gets about 8-10l/100kms depending on driving style.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    i get around 10-10.5/100kms heavy foot driving. great for a daily drive, comfy recaros for a type r but really needs abit higher bolsters.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Awesome car. Went from a JDM DC2R to an EP3 and find that it is such a better daily driver. Have a read of the following threads mate. Will give you a better idea of the EP3.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=ep3r
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...highlight=ep3r
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...pe-R-fuel-tank

Best advice is to go out there and test drive one to get an opinion of it though.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    thanks for the replies guys! will def have a read through those thread Symphorced. Fuel economy isnt a major concern as I don't do much driving. Do they go through oil like the s2ks do? i used to have to top mine up a little every month.
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i think oil consumption is engine specific. mine never drank a drop.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Hey Jaeyon,

Thinking of changing cars already??? It's pretty hard to compare a ep3r to a s2k due to alot of difference between them. I use to own a s2k and I can make up a list of all the pro's and cons between the both, but like Ben said think of it a upgraded version of a ek4/9.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    lol yea i am Perry. Need something a bit more sensible I can take to client sites etc and the s15 just gets too much attention

I have driven a standard ek4 before and thought it was pretty good for what it was, but dont know if an ep3r can be compared to a base model civic (I would be hoping/expecting the 2 to be totally different cars). Will have to wait till I sell the s15 before I make a decision though. Most of the ones I see on carsales are all 02 models, are there many later models available?
    -S15R-

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    EP3 were made from 12/2001 till 6/2005. b4 1/2004 was pre facelift and after was facelifted.

most EP3s were 2002 as they made the most during that year. Facelifts are generally rarer here as they cost higher to buy at auctions.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM s15
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    EP3 were made from 12/2001 till 6/2005. b4 1/2004 was pre facelift and after was facelifted.

most EP3s were 2002 as they made the most during that year. Facelifts are generally rarer here as they cost higher to buy at auctions.
    Ah cool thanks man. will be seriously intersted in yours if my car sells and you still have it.
    -S15R-

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Ohh I just noticed your profile pic I spotted ya around Chatswood one evening. Back on topic getting a Facelift will be different but its a price difference i guess.
    Think of this way ep3r is has gone big and fat compared to the ek's =)

also switched from dc2r to ep3r... recommend it for a daily i guess i would compare it to a jdm golf gti hahaha