Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord Euro
    I'm getting the same metallic rattle, for me it tends to come in around the 2k rev mark. Still can't pin point it too.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Have you checked if there is a small rock or pebble stuck under the cat converter metal protective plate?

I had the same sound on my integra and I narrowed it down to that. I took off the plate and there were a few rocks in there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    Bit of a bump here...

My car started making a similar noise. It only happened a couple weeks ago and occurred at certain rpms - 1100, 1500, 1900rpm, but now happens all the way up to 2000rpm. I took it to Hanny's and they diagnosed it as a noisy alternator bearing. The didn't have anything available to replace it so I'm bringing it back this week to change the bearing. I hope that's all it is and will update when it's sorted.

Thought I'd add this for future searches.
    Mods: Baby seat in the back

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotb777_300 View Post
    hmmm how do I check if its worn out ? would it be clearly visible ? I was actually about to get a long screw driver and use it as a bit of a stethescope on everything that is driven by the drive belt to see if any bearing etc.. are worn out and ratteling ! I just have to find someone to rev the car while I'm trying to listen for the noise
    Look straight down behind the power steering pump. You'll see a cylindrical section (arm) that has the symbol of a rectangle and a square next to each other and a triangle pointing at them. The triangle is an arrow of sorts. If it points to the small square, then the belt is worn. If it points in between everything is fine. If it points way up before the large rectangle, then your belt is too short. If at idle you see the triangle bouncing around, that means the belt tensioner needs to be replaced.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If at idle you see the triangle bouncing around, that means the belt tensioner needs to be replaced.
    For those of you planning to replace the tensioner, don't bother with Honda. I was just quoted $294 for the tensioner, and $142 for the drive belt (supply only). Instead, I've ordered the same (genuine) parts from oemacuraparts.com; $34USD for the belt, $88USD for the tensioner, and $52USD for shipping. This comes out to roughly $160AUD with our current exchange rate, which is a hell lot cheaper than the ~$436 it would cost locally!

Mine's just gone rattley and bounces around - only occurs at idle in gear though.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 CL9 LUX
    Another update:

Hanny's tried another alternator bearing, which didn't fix the issue. Turned out to be the water pump which they replaced the following week for $407inc GST. Car is nice and quiet again
    Mods: Baby seat in the back