Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iuuop View Post
    I'm up for changing the IM, but I want to know if its worth every penny. Orelse I could spend it on something else, like a more aggressive clutch, or even a whole ITR head which is a good $1700 aswell.
    you should save ur $1700 n buy some decent wheels[/QUOTE]

Or pay for rego or pay for insurance etc. Makes more sense than trying to squeeze blood from a stone B18c2 motor !
    Smaller/lighter wheels or lightweight flywheel or perhaps even a DC2R gearbox will make more difference in useable power than any intake mani/throttle body.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    LOL, be honest, I have no emotional involvement with the subject, so the answer is obviously no.
    I don't recommend these parts nor do I sell them.
    I may well fit them & tune them, but hey I gotta eat too.
    Anyway, from my experience, the OEM manifold with a bit of a tickle (so to speak) & a 65mm throttle is better than the SK2 IM + 70mm TB combo everywhere. (But then the SK2 IM is better with a 65mm than a 70mm too... Hmmm... LOL)
    That's with or without cams. Downside is not every retard can do it & most are inclined not to becasue the owner won't pay for work he can't see it. Bling sells & lets all be honest, the SK2 manifold looks way better than the OEM C2 manifold. If you're serious about performance there is a better way but it's not a cinche, so on balance for the average punter,if you're never going to mod the OEM manifold (you'll never know) & you do add the SK2. As long as you also do cams, compression & tuning, the thing can/should be ahead everywhere. (I/H/E is assumed)
    But generally not on a stock C2 engine. That's not rocket sceince.

As for Cold air inductions, most CAI's are a good thing considering it's off the shelf & generally they all work & work quite well (some better than others)
    Of not, this is what generally saves the SK2 set-up on the C2 head rather than the manifold it'self.
    That said, a custom intake developed on the dyno is better (but at what price?)

Re swapping the head,
    Don't knock the ol C2 head, there's plenty of potential there.
    Thats the advice I always hunted for. I wasn't particulary looking for people to say "no" to SK2 IM's, I just knew it wasn't worth it, well not for $1700.

Thanks for the advice Adrianooooo
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iuuop View Post
    you should save ur $1700 n buy some decent wheels
    Ummm thanks for the thought but lets keep this thread to subject.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post

Or pay for rego or pay for insurance etc. Makes more sense than trying to squeeze blood from a stone B18c2 motor !
    Smaller/lighter wheels or lightweight flywheel or perhaps even a DC2R gearbox will make more difference in useable power than any intake mani/throttle body.
    Yeah pay rego, or insurance, or go on a holiday haha.

To be honest, the DC2R gearbox acceleration/pull felt like my car with 4-1 and intake headers again. It was just like WOW where did that pull came from, and car kept on pulling with every gear range, it's a machiene of a gearbox.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post

To be honest, the DC2R gearbox acceleration/pull felt like my car with 4-1 and intake headers again. It was just like WOW where did that pull came from, and car kept on pulling with every gear range, it's a machiene of a gearbox.
    Or even better, mfactory cross 3rd,4th and 5th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43aipttDhg

The 2nd link is unknown gear ratios and manufacturer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN4ssdtuRGM

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    will, delete one of your inbox messages so i can send a new one aye lol. (ozhonda inbox not email)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    can someone tell will to take notice of my last post -.-

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Wil, take notice! *wag of finger* LOL

Do you think that worked?
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    farout that mfactory gearset really sounds crazy... imagine inside the car

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Wil, take notice! *wag of finger* LOL

Do you think that worked?
    LOL

Adrian your going to get a PM from me in a bit... I'd like your advice on some things
    part time potato

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Dc2 Vtir 94'
    Deffinately toda! -.- nah but seriously there isnt much someone can do to get a hold of someone on here :| haha, thanks for thinking of me anyway dude :P

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    jarrod didnt i pm you my number? lol or maybe that was someone else. how did i fill an inbox space of 300 msgs lol
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    that mfactory gearset is amazing!
    be screwed on a long stretch tho.
    Welcome Abourd