Em1 Power Window Slow Up

Hi, ive got a em1 and the driver side power window is so slow to wind up and sometimes it grinds to a halt. Anything i can do that might potentially fix this? My passenger side window winds up and down smoothly only the driver side has problems it comes down fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV RU5
    common thing with EM1s. rubber trim around the windows might need some Silicone Spray. same thing happens with mine. just maintenance really. if it doesn't fix it. might be your power window actuator. Goodluck!
    "king kong, ain't got sh*t on me"..... denzel washington - training day

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    as above

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    are power window actuators expensive?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    thay can be

they are not called actuators they are called regulators

if you have to purchase the compleate unit then bend over. if you can purchase either just the motor or regulator on its own then it wont hurt as much.

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    if ur electrical handy, u can open it up and give it a good clean.
    did that to mine when i first installed power windows into the car. works a treat
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    anything is a band-aide, theyre just a bad design, best thing is inox or having a few motors spare as theyre easy to replace

just boils down to a cheap design on an otherwise faultless car
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Quote Originally Posted by rocky_b View Post
    common thing with EM1s. rubber trim around the windows might need some Silicone Spray. same thing happens with mine. just maintenance really. if it doesn't fix it. might be your power window actuator. Goodluck!
    what is this silicone spray you speak of?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord

Thumbs up

I've just gone through the same thing sticky windows but on my accord. A new Regulator didn't work still had the same problem for me anyway. Got some WD40 3 in 1 silicone spray worked a treat. Super cheap and auto barn has it for around $10.

Heres a link:

http://www.wd40.com.au/3inone/silicone_spray.php
    Last edited by craigosrepz; 10-04-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: more info
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Hey where abouts did you spray it ? I got the silicone spray but not quite sure where to spray it.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Ye an annoying problem, quick fix to them windows are get a dc2 power window motor, fits in perfectly. its stronger, em1 had weaker motors cos they were quiet, more luxurious. I would replace the rubber seals after a while, unless they keep on knocking window outa the tracks of the rollers.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyH View Post
    Hey where abouts did you spray it ? I got the silicone spray but not quite sure where to spray it.
    I took the door panel off and sprayed the plastic runners that the window slides up and down on. The rubbers get old and loose their lube that keeps the window sliding. Some spray that penetrates the rubber on the window would be the go. But anythings worth a try.
    CD5REPZ