Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by xtnsevolution View Post
    Good evening all.
    My initial plan to fix my DC2R has gone arse up for a few reasons.

My question to you all is
    Is it possible, with out any major hassle, to put ALL my type R bits ( keep in mind i have the entire car with a nice amount of rear quarter damage) into any year of Dc2 Gsi's ( 1995+) basically re-shelling the car.

Everything from interior, engine, suspension, brakes etc etc etc. I know it may seem like a waste of time. But what I'm asking is how much is direct bolt in?

Can i rip out the b18a and throw in my b18c7 without any major hassle?

Integras are new to me as far as all this is concerned.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Christian.
    why don't you just chop the rear quarter up from the gsi, and fix the dc2r up.

even if its the worst of damage, its fixable. nothings hard.

dont bother putting your expensive gear in a gsi, waste of time, and when you do it you'll get problems in future because of things being moved around. no ones does a big job perfect, but a small/big quarter damage can be fixable and all your other parts will sit how it was from factory.
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post

d
    Thats what i was going to do originally. The problem is, Theres about..$6000 damage once parts and paint are factored in. Which is an entire car. Im just finding it hard to find the motivation as I'm a bit strapped for cash and the thought of " re shelling " despite not being a true dc2r seems like the easier option.

Christian

You might be better off getting a cheap EG or EK civic hatch and then transferring your DC2R parts over to it. It's a lighter car and I believe the EG civic and DC2 Integra share the same platform, so most of your DC2R parts can be transferred across without too much problems. Also think about the future if you do plan to sell the car. The Civic might be a bit more popular while a GSi Integra may be harder to sell since people would rather look for a DC2R rather than a GSI. By the way, how badly damaged is your DC2R?

Member Array
    Car:
    89 LS Teg aka ugly teg
    I'd be fixing your Type R it will always be worth more then a gsi rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post

dont bother putting your expensive gear in a gsi, waste of time, and when you do it you'll get problems in future because of things being moved around. no ones does a big job perfect, but a small/big quarter damage can be fixable and all your other parts will sit how it was from factory.

Cut and shut is not legal in QLD or NSW, would assume same for SA. I would be looking at swapping everything into an eg hatch. Thats my back up plan incase I ever write off my dc2r.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    Cut and shut is not legal in QLD or NSW, would assume same for SA. I would be looking at swapping everything into an eg hatch. Thats my back up plan incase I ever write off my dc2r.
    Well this guy didn't have an insurance claim either, the cars not stated as a write off or repairble write-of (op didnt state it)
    so he can fix it if he wants, with no trouble because in reality, no one really knows (its not on records, i hope)

eg is another good idea but i'd repair dc2r, unless op wants to track and drag or something, which i doubt because he planned to go gsi.

op should just go around and get quotes, its really unbelivable what people charges sometimes (high and low).
    here in brisbane i know only one guy who is dead set the cheapest, his work is so good that you can't even tell an accident ever happend. also sponsered by NRMA.

just search around, it'll buff out eventually
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    nah, dump it and get ITB's

you related to Mikey?
    lmfao
    !!!!
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic
    Nothings been done with this yet. Im still tempted to throw the b18c7 into my ED6 for something exciting and throw all the interior into either an Integra vtir or EG Vti.
    After reading all the responses, it does seem pointless throwing all the interior into a Gsi. I just want a comfortable daily ( eg or dc2) and a hardcore weekend car, being my stripped out ED6 with B18c7 + lsd box, coilovers and dc2r brakes! tell me that wouldn't put a smile on your face!

Christian