Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch

DA9 B20 Conversion Guide Questions

For my year 12 research project I was going to research how to put an F series engine into a Da9, but because if the lack of information I needed to change this. Now focusing on a B20 conversion into a Da9.

So my research project question is:

What resources, knowledge and tools are required to complete a B20 engine conversion into a 1992 Honda Integra?

I need a range of sources for the project so just pulling everything off the net will not do, I need direct responses from forum members. But, I have done lots of research already so please don't tell me to search. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From research I know that the OBD from a B20 is different to the Da9, mine is a series 1 so OBD-0 i think?

Sorry to sortof repost.

B11

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Hi

well your Integra will be OBDO. this can be confirmes by looking at all the PGMFI connectors under the engine bay. they will all be that tranparent yellow colour if its OBDI then they should be grey

to start with you will need to get yourself a B20 series block ( CRV makes a great donor for this)
    then you need VTIR Head and with the correct know how you can make the B20 engine.

tools to do this would be

- engine stand
    - a good tool kit consisting of a good range of metric spanners and sockets
    - tourque wrench

then you have to install the engine into the car so you will need

- engine hoist
    - again a good tool kit
    - compressor
    - impact gun

you have to convert the car to OBDI so you can run a P20 P30 type of ECU so you can remap the ECU. or you can go aftermarket ECU. An OBDO to OBDI convertion harness will do or you can rewire the car to wack in the OBDI ECU.

when is your project due ?

have a look inthe DIY section here for engine convertions as you can get an idea of the work required to remove and install an engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    very helpful! I won't be researching B20vtec though, just a complete engine transplant. Its due in about a month, but i don't have to actually do the engine conversion, just write a report on how to do it.

What about engine mounts? From what i have read you can use the stock integra mounts but have to change the passenger side mount to suit the B20.
    Thanks again though.

Car:
    twin GX160's
    you use the stock mounts I belive

I have a few pictures if you need them of just the compleated job, not the install itself.

you can find some good info on what is required to install an engine in the link below. Its not a B20 or an LS, but is is a DOHC VTiR engine.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ine-transplant

There is a B20 discussion thread you may also find helpful.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...cussion-thread

Whats the compressor/impact gun for ECU-MAN? thanks
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    Whats the compressor/impact gun for ECU-MAN? thanks
    manual labour sucks

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    anyone else have info?

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    manual labour sucks
    lol

theres loads of info in that link i posted about b20. just gotta sift through the pages. you could also try hondaswap.com or honda-tech.com very helpful forums
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    AE86 hatch
    thought they were just talking about b20vtecs and the problems, isn't there a dedicated engine conversion thread?

there just specifics to that engine. If you want a da9 b20vtec conversion build thread i reckon hondaswap.com is your best bet. Heaps and heaps of conversions on there! I dont think there would be many b20 da9 conversions though. Why not try dc2 b20?
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Car:
    twin GX160's
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ine-transplant

not B20 but it has alot of info in it

dayum thats a good write up! now i know why your rep is so bountiful lol. I wanna do my own conversion eventually, its the re wiring thats holding me back. looks sooooo hard!
    DEEFUFF 4LYF