Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Note I don't condone using fake or imitation stuff esp fake recaros or fake beaks bar for safety reasons... but $200 for pedals is a bit of a stretch considering I've seen one seller list the same pedals for $30 and $200 on their eBay listings, perhaps paying $200 for a set of $30 pedals make people feel better that they might be getting the "real" thing
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    nothing beats OEM rubber.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    I've never felt the real thing and I bet
    you've never felt the imitation ones so how are you making the comparison? How do you know the material on the IMO ones aren't so course that they feel like 60 grit sand paper? I could also post a pic up of mine but as they will appear to look identical I don't see how it will help the OP choose what pedals to buy.
    Yes you are right, never felt the IMO stuff. I believe supporting companies that have spent millions,if not thousands in R+D. Not gonna support no backyarder or imitation factory. but yes, that's my view n u r entitled to yours.

Anyway as mentioned, here are pics of the real thing, took it with my shitty Sony cyber shot so apologies for the bad pics:

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    nothing beats OEM rubber.
    Oem rubber looks pretty plain... Unlike tyres you can't dress them up with tyre shine lol... If I had the money I'd get the strut king ones too
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 Civic
    rubber pedals are nasty when you have wet shoes lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by FDBenni View Post
    rubber pedals are nasty when you have wet shoes lol
    yes! But slippery metal is worse than slippery rubber

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    I understand your pt of view, but this doesn't apply on the larger pedals even on the track. Most of us are right footed which means we don't slip our right foot to the left. Most of us have experienced slip of the pedal esp on the brakes when we slip the foot to the right, we can't slip to the right on the large mugen accel pedal on the fd2 because there is no space to the right for slippage and also the pedal is almost to the ground. Also the brake and clutch grti material on the clutch and brake mugen pedals are so grippy, there is no chance for slippage.

Come on, this is from Mugen, you think they will make crap stuff? The decorative pedals from the Honda dealer accessories department are slippery as you can see in the first few posts, definitely not the Mugen pedals.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    dunno mate, sounds like you're a newcomer trying to get a sale :P

If i had a tree out the back of my place which grew $50's then sure i'd buy the originals.

But when I'm really just going for a lil bling, and it's not a track orientated car, it's noway near worth it.

I mean, for the difference in price, the difference in what you're getting isn't worth it.

If you're racing - sure, make sure one million percent that tehres no way you can slip off the pedal coz if you do you'll end up in the sand or the wall, but on the roads, you're not mashing and heeltoeing like a maniac, it's not going to be so important.

GL with reppin your shop though mate.

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    dunno mate, sounds like you're a newcomer trying to get a sale :P

If i had a tree out the back of my place which grew $50's then sure i'd buy the originals.

But when I'm really just going for a lil bling, and it's not a track orientated car, it's noway near worth it.

I mean, for the difference in price, the difference in what you're getting isn't worth it.

If you're racing - sure, make sure one million percent that tehres no way you can slip off the pedal coz if you do you'll end up in the sand or the wall, but on the roads, you're not mashing and heeltoeing like a maniac, it's not going to be so important.

GL with reppin your shop though mate.
    Not here to sell you pedals. Don't need to sell pedals for a living dude. I own my shop premise and a 4WD dynapack dyno, couple of GTRs, evo 6.5TME and nsx blah blah.
    Just like to impress what i think --- I fully support JDM stuff with proper R+D.

Sorry if I went overboard with the pedals dude! Don't read me the wrong way. No more pedal talk from me!

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    How bout let's chat shifter knobs?
    Last edited by mao; 20-04-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    cmon enough of that
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD2 Civic Sport
    I am not sure if I am allowed to do this, if not please delete this post (moderators). I am selling the Mugen set if anyone is interested. PM me for details.