Thread: b18 eg swap

b18 eg swap

what exhuast will fit a b18c ? in a EG hatch?

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag
    any eg exhaust will fir your eg, engine doesnt matter

As above, the exhaust joins on with your headers, headers connect to your engine so if you get headers you will have to get b18 headers. As for the exhaust just get an eg exhaust or you could even get a dc2 exhaust and it will fit, only slight modifications needed. i have a dc2 2.25 mandrel catback exhaust for my eg
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Could you alternatively run headers made for B16A on a B18C? and vice versa?

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    B18 headers generally fit on B16's, but often not the other way around because of the taller block
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    B18 block is about 8mm longer than the B16 block, so you won't clear the bottom of the block with a B16 header.

IMO get a 60mm JDM pre-fab exhaust and a high-flow cat to boot. 5Zigen headers are a bargain too.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    +1 for 5Zigen headers - brand name quality at half the cost =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Or, buy my J's racing ones lol
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

maybe i should rephase the question.
    wil the stock EG exhuast bolt up to the STOCK B18C headers?

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Don't think so - it MIGHT not line up properly and you'l possibly need a flange made up to get it to fit
    My EG5 build

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by aznstyler View Post
    maybe i should rephase the question.
    wil the stock EG exhuast bolt up to the STOCK B18C headers?
    It will line up and you will be able to slightly bolt it up but you will have an exhaust leak

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    That and why on earth would you run a 1.75" (or whatever) exhaust on a B18? For engineering reasons?