Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 95 Accord Rear Bumper Removal

Does anyone have a guide for this? Or a link to a manual. Tried searching and couldn't find it.

Or does anyone know how to remove the rear bumper?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    I have pulled my CD5 rear bar off BUT I'd say someone has had a play with it before me. Should be straight forward though as long as you have some patience.

There should be a screw in the corner of the bumper inside the wheel well at the corner of the rear bumper. Loosen that off.

Repeat that for the other side.

Open your boot and there should be 3 or 4 round plastic screws that are screwed through the bumper. UNSCREW THEM ALL.

The bumper should slide backwards and come straight off unclip the side marker lights from under the bumper.

There might be a few clips under there rear bumper I'm unsure because mine have been removed but there is a few clips that look like they went there.

Good luck.

If you need more info pm me. Cheers
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    ^ this

thanks craigorepz.

I have another question, the reason i asked how to take the rear bumper off was because my smart sister decided to back into a wall, she's hit the right back side of the bumper, but has also damaged some of the metalwork underneath the bumper under the side panel close to the headlight (hope that makes sense).

When i get home i'll upload some pics. Sheen has quoted me $900 to fix, but i did some searching and found a secondhand bumper for $185. I would rather pay the latter.

But the metalwork damage, does that need to be fixed?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Chuck some photos up so can get a idea.

I would think its cheaper to buy a new rear bumper and have that painted to suit, get some quotes from places and see which option suits you. I brought a brand new Front & Rear bumper for 280 still wraped up in plastic so it does pay to search around.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    Grab the rear bumper. Replace your damaged one. Fix the metal damage if its of concern to you but to me it looks like its not that bad and the rear bar will hide it.

Thanks for the pics.
    CD5REPZ

Quote Originally Posted by craigosrepz View Post
    Grab the rear bumper. Replace your damaged one. Fix the metal damage if its of concern to you but to me it looks like its not that bad and the rear bar will hide it.

Thanks for the pics.
    Yeah that's what i was thinking. Thanks for your input mate.

Also, craigosrepz,where did you buy your rear and front bumper for 300?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 H22a Accord
    I was lucky searched the net and found them. I got a 2nd hand radiator, spare headlights, air conditioner motor and a few other bits in pieces.

Was a lucky find I think. Keep an eye out on http://ozaccord.com/.
    CD5REPZ

Member Array
    Car:
    eg breeeeze,eg5
    hey yiannixanthos, since you are in melb, pm me when you are free and i can organise you a bumper but you just need to respray it, my mate has a wreck.

@ namtaro, how much for the bumper? i believe the respray will cost abit