Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, CR-V, AH

Pre EF Shuttle/Wagon Questions

Hi, I'm looking at a '86 Civic Shuttle/wagon but I'm a little clueless on this model so I'm hoping somebody here may be able to help. I have used the search but this model doesn't get modified much I'm guessing.

1. Where do these things rust?

2. What brake/suspension upgrades can I do? I've done a upgrade on my EK but the brakes/suspension look nothing like an EG/EK/Integra setup. It has a beam axle in the back.

3. Will my wheels (4x100/15x6.5/+45) I have stashed away fit? I don't mind rolling guards if I have to.

Any help anybody gives is appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i cant help with the questions ...

but watch this =p

----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    wrong sort of wagon.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i cant help with the questions ...

but watch this =p
    Bisi, king of D-series motors

1. not sure, If its like any other car, it will rust in the main areas of wheel well, under carriage, the outside shell, boot.... just depends how well it was looked after in its life time
    2. brakes and suspension upgrade will depend on ur budget, as far as brake budget goes, a good set of pads will go the distance, an if so, replace the 20year old rotors with fresh ones, suspension wise, again budget, springs with matched dampers
    3. I think they do infact run 4 by 100, so yes it should fit with no problems, no need to roll due to the offset
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, CR-V, AH
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    wrong sort of wagon.
    I don't understand this quote. Are you trying to tell me I'm choosing the wrong car or you just don't like my choice?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, CR-V, AH
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Bisi, king of D-series motors

1. not sure, If its like any other car, it will rust in the main areas of wheel well, under carriage, the outside shell, boot.... just depends how well it was looked after in its life time
    2. brakes and suspension upgrade will depend on ur budget, as far as brake budget goes, a good set of pads will go the distance, an if so, replace the 20year old rotors with fresh ones, suspension wise, again budget, springs with matched dampers
    3. I think they do infact run 4 by 100, so yes it should fit with no problems, no need to roll due to the offset
    I've checked the normal places you check for rust and it's all good.

As for budget, I was trying to keep it on the cheap side as I am doing a major rebuild mechanically on my EK hatchback for hillclimbs and trackdays. I don't want coilovers but just lowered coils and some Koni's. The brakes I was hoping to be able to use the disc setup out of my EK but I remember reading somewhere that DA Integra disc system was the go.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonEK4 View Post
    I don't understand this quote. Are you trying to tell me I'm choosing the wrong car or you just don't like my choice?
    No I'm telling the saint that his video is the wrong sort of wagon. Its an ef. When you clearly have an ah.

I love your car choice lolz.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, CR-V, AH
    Thanks. Bisi's wagon is good inspiration.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    No I'm telling the saint that his video is the wrong sort of wagon. Its an ef. When you clearly have an ah.

I love your car choice lolz.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    its still inspiration

damn post nazi
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    its still inspiration

damn post nazi
    Funny how trism never really helps out with some of the questions aye........ lol

If going with DA brakes, id say definite go the whole brake system, front and rear, brake master cylinder an booster, and prop valve as ur going from drums to disc which there fore uses a different brake bias

Being such a old car, definite get new shocks an springs, regardless of brand or even 2nd hand shocks/springs, its over 20 years old, things are bound to be loose as a goose lol, same goes for pretty much the whole car in general
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 26-04-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, CR-V, AH
    Thanks again guys but unfortunately I was a little slow on laying down cash because I was away over Easter and the wagon was snapped up. My search begins again.

I was looking at www.redbook.com.au and it looks like Australia got the 1989 Civic Shuttle/wagon (same basic model as Bisi's). Can anybody comfirm they've seen one here?

I've seen a couple of the old AH Shuttle but never an EF like Bisis which would be the better wagon to get as AH has pretty crude suspension setup.
    2011 W.A Super Sprint Champion Road Reg U2L
    Thanks to my freinds/sponsors Success Legal Lawyers for helping me do enough rounds to win and Zack at Cypher Industries for top class dyno tuning.