Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    theres a little ally way, i dont know what the place is called now but i seriously dont recommend you going there but its up to you mate.
    any more info just pm me i dont want to take up o.ps thread
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Oh you DONT recommend? your previous post said you DO so i was confused. nvm

Don't think we're jacking his thread, he's getting some more info on pricing before he makes a decision on what to buy. You guys already scared him off the xforce twinloop lol

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    fixed up

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM888
    We have a Mugen Twin loop with Mugen 4-1 extractors, high flow cat and cat back. Its extreemly deep but very very loud. Has a great backfire pop to it. Very good performance top end. I have a small video clip I could share over msn if you need.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    pm me it james

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Xforce is getting mad hate in this thread . Sure, its no top of the range performance exhaust, but you'r only after a nicer sound to your daily driver so I don't know why people would expect you to buy a top of the range performance exhaust like Mugen. They are available here in Race Nation and are for sale between $220 and $240 I think and are shipped for free, but since you live in Liverpool you can probably pick it up.
    I have have ahd an Xforce twinloop for nearly a year now and I will admit that when the car is cold it can tend to sound raspy, so I am looking to upgrade to something else. However, I'm running a straight pipe, if you're just looking to run the exhaust I'm guessing you'll keep your resonator which would most likely tone the raspiness down.
    Its up to you mate, even though I'm over my Xforce system, I do think they are pretty good bang for buck. If you are looking to go hard out with looks, perfomance etc on this car then I would suggest saving for something better, but if you are just after a nice tone when you are driving your car then Xforce will do the trick for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Thanks mate, what you said in there's true. Cbf waiting looking for others.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3r
    Yes was meant to say farty.. Using an iPhone and it auto corrected..
    And what I mean by pro is.. Have had my Xforce twinloop on for quite some time now and it has been all good for me.. Has a nice deep tone when normal driving and the crossover Sounds nice as well.. I've heard Mugen twin loops and it sounded much the same to me...

Or go stock exhaust with a sick CAI that seems to be the preference of many forum members here

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have had mugen catback, xforce s12 twinloop on custom stainless catback (current), universal muffler on custom catback, magnaflow oval barrel on custom catback and ebay canon on custom catback

the nicest of them all was the mugen - but that cost me $1550 posted back in the day
    the second nicest was the xforce twinloop - its not as bad as people say - it is a little more raspy than the mugen and has a different sound but its no where near as bad as a universal or ebay muffler/canon
    the only downside to the xforce twinloop is that after about 3 years they start to really drone - not fart like the ebay/universal/canon but like - they get louder and deeper - not in a good way

if i had to do it again - it would be Fujita CAI + Dc2 VTIR + Stock exhaust with Dc5-S muffler - BEST DAMN SETUP FOR HONDA SOUND EVER

and as for forums - EVERY exhaust is going to sound different on EVERY car - the only way to be sure is to buy a proper pre-fab kit from a name brand but you pay the price and they arnt so good for D-series
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    As far as xforce goes, its still a reputable brand, they might not sound as good, nor have the looks, but they do the job as well as any other prefab exhaust.

As for the OP question, ur better off getting a proper axle back, not a muffler. From my experience, if u do get the muffler, they will generally do a quick job of it, line up a few pipes,an weld it all up, the weld might not be the best also. And make sure u ask for a flange to be welded, or else u end up having one piece exhaust which is a bitch to take off, better off have sections of a exhaust than one piece.....At the end of the day, all they want is ur money, so ofcourse there not gonna do the best job, pay a little bit more, and maybe they do a better job.

With a axle back, all the welds are hidden, an the whole thing is painted, so it looks so much more professional, imo, pay a bit more, and go for a axle back, which is a direct bolton an a hours job to fit it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    depends where you take it though - my mechanic did an A1 job of it - all the welds were perfect, painted, anti-rust etc, properly flanged and bolted up with all stainless quality parts

take it to autobarn and they will butcher it ... so meh

also run a good batch of autosol over the twinloop before u install it and polish it right up - it will give it a nice burnt-polished look - not tarnished stainless like most exhausts
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680