Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    what do you mean ask me to bugger off? its the second pair thats blown on me. its getting really annoying. n don't get me started on their parkers. generic ebay brands are outlasting the legit brands in parkers.. its ridiculous

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    If I am the store owner, I will ask you to bugger off... since when bulbs carry warranty
    Philips car bulbs I believe has a 12mth warranty and it's normal for most halogen lights to have a 30 day warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    what do you mean ask me to bugger off? its the second pair thats blown on me. its getting really annoying. n don't get me started on their parkers. generic ebay brands are outlasting the legit brands in parkers.. its ridiculous
    Generic eBay brands are probably out of the same factory as your expansive Phillips and stuff, it's called contract manufacturing.

And those LED's are pretty good, low energy intensive and probably stronger.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Just noticed both my foggies aren't working, anyone got an ebay link for some cheapies?
    (2004 Accord Euro Lux)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Just search for accor euro on eBay, heaps and heapsno them, go for them LEDs
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I think that the bulbs are overheating since they are in a tight space compared to the 'airy' headlight spaces. Heat is the enemy.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    I think that the bulbs are overheating since they are in a tight space compared to the 'airy' headlight spaces. Heat is the enemy.
    Even more reason to get LEDs, they emit much less heat

the leds seem like a smart idea. and today i just thought i'd recheck and my foggies started working again? well the one that i assumed was blown. im starting to think water gets in there from high pressure carwash?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    ^^ It doesn't rain where you live? How did the normal globes cope with rain but not a carwash? Where I live it rains like a high-pressure car wash. Maybe it doesn't rain so hard where you live. Maybe the LEDs might help.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

well with the high pressure i get somehwat under the foggies a little wheres normal rain is more straight on? if that makes sense. and rarely does it rain very heavily here but when its heavy you can't drive let alone speed enough for water to get through.

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    I've never had a problem with my fog lights. Besides according to the road rules, fog lights should only be used in adversed weather.

Try some mtec ones... As I said it hasn't been any trouble for me.

Also the euro does have a tendency to fluctuate the voltage, ie voltage spikes ect and this can put strain on the bulbs.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Philips car bulbs I believe has a 12mth warranty and it's normal for most halogen lights to have a 30 day warranty.

Generic eBay brands are probably out of the same factory as your expansive Phillips and stuff, it's called contract manufacturing.

And those LED's are pretty good, low energy intensive and probably stronger.

The warranty usually is for manufacturer defect and not due to blown after few months of usage.

Quote Originally Posted by kural7 View Post
    the leds seem like a smart idea. and today i just thought i'd recheck and my foggies started working again? well the one that i assumed was blown. im starting to think water gets in there from high pressure carwash?
    I experience funny semi blown bulbs before with the cabin bulb with some other car. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, drive me nuts thinking must be some thing wrong with the wiring or fuse or bulb or bad connectivity. Sometimes giving it a tap and it works, sometimes it doesnt.