Page 936 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 4368368869269339349359369379389399469861036 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,232 of 16607

Thread: EP3 Type R

usually oil vapour luke does that. Mines the same in places.

WTF! Vtecing too much lol....
    Rep my posts if they are helpful!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    usually oil vapour luke does that. Mines the same in places.
    dang

New colour
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quite common. I've seen a few ep with cracked paint or loss of paint.

mine's started to crack

I may buy a brand new one when I do my valve clearance. They're about $300ish for a new one.

When you have time, get the old one sprayed and sell it. Or maybe just sell as is to recoup money. That's my plan.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    Re: Servicing.

I use Shell premium compressed air. Don't know what type of compressor they use but it has been quite reliable for all my tyres and has always kept them inflated. DIY coming soon. Was also thinking of posting it on YouTube?
    hmm ive been using BP compressed air. I might convert over to shell and see if i gain any extra kw at the wheels. Cheers for the info there mate

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I see cracks!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I have peeling in one corner. Doesn't seem to be getting any worse though. *Touch wood*

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteve View Post
    hmm ive been using BP compressed air. I might convert over to shell and see if i gain any extra kw at the wheels. Cheers for the info there mate
    Recycled compressed air from my backside seems to work well. The density of it contributes to stiffer side walls and helps a stock ep3 achieve sub 1.10 on wakefield.

Is there that much variance in the type of compressor used to pump your tyres? Can someone explain the idea behind it, as it's a bit odd to think that where you inflate your tyres would have any significant impact on on-road performance (esp power figures on a dyno).

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    LOL. I was thinking the same too.

Whatever they are pumping, it's still the same gas that we breathe from the air I believe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    No no no munki and the poiter....you have it way wrong. The air produced for special compressors, as mention give out much denser air (similar to the air super steve and I breath). Now without getting too tethnical, this special air will load the side walls of your tyres more hence more grip and will also keep air temps down.

I hope chubby steve will chime in as he was the master of this art. There was a rumor me cheated when obtaining a fast WSID run by tapping this air into the cai giving the car secret super powaaaa!

Would like the hear the technical side of it, I'm just trying to get my head around it . Just using what I learnt from uni..

If we assume that air is an ideal gas, and that you are trying to pump more dense air into the tyre.

P = density * R * T

Then more dense air implies that at a given pressure, you will keep temps down as you mentioned above.

By loading the sidewalls, do they flex more or less? (Don't know much about tyre deformation) I would think they flex less so that they can put power down better? Would you run any different tyre pressures given the more dense air?

Edit: Cooler Tyre Temp = Less elasticity in the side wall = Less Flex?

Or am I WAYYY OFF. Let me know! Would love to learn.