Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 ap1

Change of transmission fluid

Planning to change my transmission fluid because I'm getting a lot of notchyness on my 1-2 shifts especially during a cold start.

Leaning towards getting some Redline or Royal Purple from what I've read here and on s2ki. Has anyone had any experience with either of these in transmission fluid or have any other suggestions/recommendations on what would be good?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I use 50:50 Redline MTL and MT90. Seems great.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 ap1
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    I use 50:50 Redline MTL and MT90. Seems great.
    So by that do you mean you mix these together in a 50:50 ratio?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yup, that's it.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    AusS2000. How much do those fluids cost?
    Life starts at 6500rpm!! Rep good posts

Seriously, how do people think of that combo with mixing fluids lol :S

However, I was trolling s2ki and here on ozhonda, OEM is VERY Promising, as well as the redline but a lot people still had issues with redline, ie. Still the common notchiness and such, and not much relief.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    i used to use mtf but moved onto mt-90 now love it
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    O to the E to the M! $18.50 a ltr cant go wrong. Oem is 75w85? I read somewhere that anything thicker wont splash around properly into all the knooks + crannys in your gearbox which explains for the notchiness? Meh, I've only used oem so no experience with other stuff and i havent had any drama's with oem except for selecting the first few gears during cold start lol but in saying that, someone put their hand up if you get perfect shifts during coldstart rofl :P
    Oh another solution i found for having smoother shifting was to move my seat forward afew inch's instead of this slouching sitting on the couch watching tv BS posture. This dramatically improved my driving ability.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    isnt the mt90 too thick for the s2000?

Please use Honda MTF as gearbox fluid. Anything else is not needed unless you have a very worn gearbox ( bandaid fix) or run vastly different intervals/power or frequent the race track

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 ap1
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Please use Honda MTF as gearbox fluid. Anything else is not needed unless you have a very worn gearbox ( bandaid fix) or run vastly different intervals/power or frequent the race track
    Is there any special reason why you think so? I've used Honda MTF so far and I don't think its quite cutting it :S But then at other times even with a colder start the shift feels smooth. Is it just me, or is this car the more temperamental than my missus?