jacking points when jacking up a low car

so my euro is probably just tucking on 16" stockies, and the coilovers are say, 3-4inch shorter then the stock shocks.

so what im asking is, if i jack the car from the usual jacking point (next to the wheel), when i get to about say jacking high enough to take the 16s off, will the other side start to raise off the ground aswell? if you can get me, cause im scared if i jack high enough to fit 19s, no rear wheels will be on the ground causing the car to slide off the jack and causing some serious damage. my trolley jack is only one of them small 1400kg max ones. not the big ones. will jacking it under the rear sway (near that region) suffice on getting the wheels high enough to put 19s on?

what kind of way should i be jacking up the car? i can jack it up high enough to get the 16s off the ground and just put the wheel under the car so it doesn't fall, but getting the 19s is doubtful. How much higher would i need to jack the car to fit the 19s? im assuming not that much? or? alot? tyre profiles like 35 btw
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    So you probably need it to be a couple of inches higher to get the 19's on (from the height required for the 16's). Not too much of a worry.

If I were you I'd jack it at the front/rear and do the front/rear wheels rather that L/R sides. If your car is low then drive the front wheels onto planks of wood maybe 1" high so you can get the jack under the front.

Use jack stands.

Otherwise you should be fine, car won't lift off/slide anywhere unless you're jacking on an uneven ground.

Put bricks infront of the front wheels.
    I have signatures turned off

the thing is when we were installing it, we jacked it on one side and the car swayed and nearly fell (sigh). so i don't wanna jack it any really higher. just wanted to know will it be enough jacking it from say, the rear tow bar or something? will it give enough hieght? (with the small trolley jack, not the big ones)

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    have you got jack stands? If not, make sure you get some.

Then jack it up from the centre of the car. At the front use the engine subframe. At the rear use the subframe. Then put jackstands underneath the normal jacking points.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    97 integra
    it should be fine,

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm19/megface01/73442_10150310760630171_590215170_15491415_5439018 _n.jpg[/IMG]

but I don't recommend on doing it unless you have atleast like a wheel under it or something. If you know what i mean.
    Last edited by steeeven; 17-05-2011 at 12:40 PM.

yeah i get ya, ill just put a jack stand there instead of a wheel

cheers guys