Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eg build

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If it's a daily (and if you can live with it) then I would say don't respray the car. It will get scratched soon, and then it's not perfect, and it'll mess with your head.

Also if it's a daily just do some DIY carby mods (check DIY section) so it goes a little better. Rear disc brake conversion isn't hard, but also isn't necessary unless you're planning to go tracking or on long spirited drives. Suspension is a great option IMO because even if you sell the car you can put the standard parts back on and move the good ones to your new ride (within reason).
    I was saying my current civic is only good for a daily hence why I want to purchase a different eg, a cleaner base so I can start the project on that.
    The new one will be the project + daily + occasional track day hence why I want to do a rebuild with it

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If it's going on the track prepare yourself for paint damage - multiple stone chips at least (if you're lucky/good at driving).

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If it's going on the track prepare yourself for paint damage - multiple stone chips at least (if you're lucky/good at driving).
    Didn't think about that part haha. Maybe i'll have a spare front bar for the track :P

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by --drew-- View Post
    Didn't think about that part haha. Maybe i'll have a spare front bar for the track :P
    From what I've seen it's more the bonnet too. If your car is going to be tracked you'll have trouble keeping it immaculate on the outside.

Alternatively you could have one daily-driver and one track-warrior?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by --drew-- View Post
    From what I've seen it's more the bonnet too. If your car is going to be tracked you'll have trouble keeping it immaculate on the outside.

Alternatively you could have one daily-driver and one track-warrior?