Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    The problem with supercharger on a little D-16, is that it lacks the torque to pull the supercharger..... so much more to a supercharger than simpling slapping it on, put a belt on it and away u go lol

Bang for buck = Turbo
    Unique = JRSC kit

From what i hear on d-series, there not the best supercharger kits around, but for the money, its also the cheapest.... And it also doesnt make the most power compared to turbo kit, if i recall, one guy only pulled off 200hp with the JRSC kit
    the point of a S/C isnt peak power but drivability - if you want all out power get a turbo ... but than again - its a honda - if im gona turbo i would prefer a purpose built turbo car
    and i dont know what kind of engine you have but my D15b7 has plenty of torque for a s/c

sounds like your very unhappy with your honda lol
    u should probably try something like a wrx
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Hmm Im getting heaps and heaps of mixed reviews fro
    Alota peeps...I am currently leaning towards a b18c2 and. B16a box just coz there cheaper then type r setup.. Trying to work out a budget where I can have a good setup and have money for a respray..it's not always bout speed...like I said these little engines are fun to redline lol..love the vtec sound..just wouldn't mind a lil more torque..besides whats speed now days when there coppers and strikeforce taipan on your ass..I wouldn't mind tracking my eg in the future once my car is completed

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    strikeforce taipan? lol?

b18c2 is a good platform - lots of torque, lots of revs and good fuel economy =)

Lol operation taipan is like a Unit of coppers in nsw specifically set up to red sticker/defect every hoon with "apparent" modified cars...but cops can't tell difference between enthusiasts and a outright dik head...and if you don't own a pushrod with 8 cylinders with an exhaust loud enough to tear your clothes off, your not an enthusiasts so you don't get a free pass..you get a sticker that pretty much says your fked lol....by the way I read some of your build list...how does your car go with the mods? Is it as good as a STD b16a or a c2?
    Last edited by BuiEG; 18-05-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    haha yeah - same attitude we get from the police around here ... sigh

the car runs great - doesnt go as hard as a B16a and no where near as well as a B18c2
    nice bit of torque from mid-high, redlines at around 7200rpm - pretty much nothing down low tho lol
    needs a tune - need to find out what its actually putting down at the wheels lol

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    they both have better gearbox than the other D series as well

jaces pretty much quoted my thoughts on the whole thing

personally i would go for y1 - the intake manifold and head design is better and it is an easier platform to work with

i would jump onto d-series.org and start reading man =)
    What makes you say that the y1 and y8 have better accompanying boxes? I ran a D15 box on my D16 for quite a while and the shorter ratio's made it a much 'quicker' car

Quote Originally Posted by BuiEG View Post
    Hmm Im getting heaps and heaps of mixed reviews fro
    Alota peeps...I am currently leaning towards a b18c2 and. B16a box just coz there cheaper then type r setup.. Trying to work out a budget where I can have a good setup and have money for a respray..it's not always bout speed...like I said these little engines are fun to redline lol..love the vtec sound..just wouldn't mind a lil more torque..besides whats speed now days when there coppers and strikeforce taipan on your ass..I wouldn't mind tracking my eg in the future once my car is completed
    I have a B16 box on my B18c2 - very good combination
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the D16y8, D16z6/D16y1 and the JDM D15b engines all have the better ratios

http://hondaswap.com/reference-mater...n-specs-29132/

the stamping for the better ratios is S20 B000 for obd1 and S40 B000 for obd2
    in saying that - the D16y5 also has S40 B000 stamp - but not the better ratios - so be careful

i have the JDM D15b S20 B000 box on my car and the ratios are fantastic
    some of the JDM box's have factory LSD as well =)

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    the D16y8, D16z6/D16y1 and the JDM D15b engines all have the better ratios

http://hondaswap.com/reference-mater...n-specs-29132/

the stamping for the better ratios is S20 B000 for obd1 and S40 B000 for obd2
    in saying that - the D16y5 also has S40 B000 stamp - but not the better ratios - so be careful

i have the JDM D15b S20 B000 box on my car and the ratios are fantastic
    some of the JDM box's have factory LSD as well =)
    y1 ratio's weren't as good as D15 ratio's however..
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    very true - but still better than most

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    the point of a S/C isnt peak power but drivability - if you want all out power get a turbo ... but than again - its a honda - if im gona turbo i would prefer a purpose built turbo car
    and i dont know what kind of engine you have but my D15b7 has plenty of torque for a s/c

sounds like your very unhappy with your honda lol
    u should probably try something like a wrx
    Running a Y8, i wouldnt say unhappy, but more so, if i had more money to build it up more, make it more powerful, handle better, than id be more satisfied with it..........

WRX, never really like the boxer motor, if i had the dough, would prbs go for a RWD turbo over AWD turbo
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    each to their own i guess - i much prefer the handling and stability of the awd and low centre of gravity engine over bigger powered RWD
    but im more of a rally/dirt person than a street/drifter =)