Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Picked up my euro and drove it from act to melb, 7.008l per 100km. Impressed.

I was at 9.4 L/100km for a while but just recently it dropped to 9-9.2 L/100km and I had to disconnect my battery for my intake yesterday. Now I'm gonna try keep it under 9 L/100km! I get roughly 700-750km with a full tank. 6MT MY11.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2012EuroLux Nav
    I am getting around 10 - 11 L/100k around town driving. When I phoned up Honda dealer complaining of high fuel consumption they said a major service will fix all my problems. It will only cost me $700

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I get 600km from full to light on I have a full exhaust CAI, I have an accord euro CL9 2003 - I drive about 700km's a week mixture of city and highway driving. I use BP Ultimate or Mobile 98

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by falco View Post
    I am getting around 10 - 11 L/100k around town driving. When I phoned up Honda dealer complaining of high fuel consumption they said a major service will fix all my problems. It will only cost me $700
    Lol.... Here's what you can do for a lot less than $700...

1. Change to thinner, full synthetic oil
    2. Complete injection system flush/clean, $100 -150, if your cars overs 7 years old.
    3. Pump up them tyres
    4. Weight reduction, get the excess baggage put.
    5. Clean/change air filter to something performance oriented.
    6. Use 98 octane (caltex/BP instead of crap shell sell)
    7. disconnect battery to reset ecu.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 23-05-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I disagree. Going from BP Ultimate to Shell VPower got me an extra 50km per tank.

Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    2006 AT Euro, with exhaust mods, K&N filter and brand new tyres. Surprisingly the fuel consumptions been up ever since the new tyres, maybe thats because my wheels are larger now. Best I've got is 11L/100 but this is pure city driving with no highway/freeway whatsoever. I guess this is alright considering im getting 15-16L in the lexus....I've heard that installing coils will improve fuel consumption because less energy is lost to the softer damper/springs while accelerating...is this true?
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    2006 AT Euro, with exhaust mods, K&N filter and brand new tyres. Surprisingly the fuel consumptions been up ever since the new tyres, maybe thats because my wheels are larger now. Best I've got is 11L/100 but this is pure city driving with no highway/freeway whatsoever. I guess this is alright considering im getting 15-16L in the lexus....I've heard that installing coils will improve fuel consumption because less energy is lost to the softer damper/springs while accelerating...is this true?
    And the cost of those coils can buy how much petrol? :-p

If anything I'd get a lighter pulley...
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    haha Ive got coils already, and I didnt get them to improve fuel consumption if thats what you're saying, I got it for a better driving experience and reduce the "boat" feeling that the euro has when turning. Either way Ive got UR pulleys as well and I might add the pulleys did improve the fuel consumption by a lot. The cars got torque from as low as 2000rpm nowadays so theres no need for the car to work as hard as before.
    06 Lux Auto Arctic Blue

Quick question: If I still have about.. 1/4 of just normal unleaded petrol in my tank and I wanna switch to BP Ultimate/Shell V Power, do/should I wait until I use most of the petrol that's already in the tank first before I refill or can I just pour in the BP/Shell now and it'll be mixed?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Quick question: If I still have about.. 1/4 of just normal unleaded petrol in my tank and I wanna switch to BP Ultimate/Shell V Power, do/should I wait until I use most of the petrol that's already in the tank first before I refill or can I just pour in the BP/Shell now and it'll be mixed?
    Define "normal petrol", you should already have at least 95 in the car so it's alreay premium, so mix away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Define "normal petrol", you should already have at least 95 in the car so it's alreay premium, so mix away.
    Oh yes, I meant unleaded 95. Also, how about unleaded 91? 91 is a definite no for our cars? But anyways, so should i wait until most of my petrol is gone before I refill or is it safe to just mix the two together?

Thanks