Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Just the list of problems that the CL9 had wasn't something that I expecting from Honda

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aroy7 View Post
    Its interesting that as a brand Alfa Romeo are equal 10th with Toyota and yet have no cars in the top 100....not quite sure what to make of it.
    Laws of Averages. Some brands may have good cars but one or two models may be shockers will drag the whole thing down.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I think the quality of the Euros are absorlutely world class...

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Laws of Averages. Some brands may have good cars but one or two models may be shockers will drag the whole thing down.
    Well, thats exactly my point, where are the good cars that are covering the shockers? I cant see any in the top 100 that might have help Alfa jump into the top 10 brands......

Or is the study done independently of brand and model?

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    LOL this is total crap, where's Subaru? And how is an Alfa Romeo the same as a Toyota

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    LOL this is total crap, where's Subaru? And how is an Alfa Romeo the same as a Toyota
    Total crap? Talking about prejudices, just because you believe Toyota is more reliable here doesn't mean anything. Statistics > personal opinion. You do realise this is UK we're talking about right? Not Australia.

The vehicles brought into this country is different from Europe. And dealer service rating also reflected is this survey. Maybe Alfa is built to suit European conditions better so they are more reliable? Maybe Toyota dealer service experience is rotten in the UK?

There's too many variables for you to judge it as "crap"
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-06-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Wow euro number 2 - amazing machine

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    The Alfa situation is complete bullshit. I dont give a **** about who is where, I just know you cant get an average of 80.5% when you dont have a single car above 80.5%!
    They dont even have a single car above 74.1%. Must be some funky maths they used to make this.

And by funky I mean bullshit.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by gumus89 View Post
    The Alfa situation is complete bullshit. I dont give a **** about who is where, I just know you cant get an average of 80.5% when you dont have a single car above 80.5%!
    They dont even have a single car above 74.1%. Must be some funky maths they used to make this.

And by funky I mean bullshit.
    I was wrong before, it's actually a comprehensive survey... READ:

How was the overall score decided?

The weighting accorded to the different categories was dictated by the surveys themselves, so if owners rated a section as particularly important it was given greater emphasis. The total scores awarded by owners were split as follows: vehicle quality and reliability (24%), vehicle appeal (37%), dealer service satisfaction (17%), and ownership costs (22%). The same weightings were used in the previous two years, so you can compare results.
    http://m.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-pow...duction/257096

Www.jdpower.com/FAQ-auto
    Last edited by Fredoops; 02-06-2011 at 12:46 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 CL9 5 AT lux nav
    "How was the overall score decided?

The weighting accorded to the different categories was dictated by the surveys themselves, so if owners rated a section as particularly important it was given greater emphasis. The total scores awarded by owners were split as follows: vehicle quality and reliability (24%), vehicle appeal (37%), dealer service satisfaction (17%), and ownership costs (22%). The same weightings were used in the previous two years, so you can compare results."

So in other words its not really a reliability survey as much as " do you like the car you bought because you like it?"

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    It's a overall customer satisfaction survey.