Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Well done mate

So you are using a GPS as a screen for a carputer? what's the specs and where have you installed the CPU? What are using to control the carputer?

I also built a carputer to put into the car, but couldn't figure out how to mount the screen, so I gave up in the end and sold all the kit off for cheap.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    well..not quite.let me hijack this thread first, my apologized for this OOT.
    carputer = computer inside car. we (me&friends) thought it's too big and messy for odc to put pc box in. so we found other idea to use newest tech such as iPad/tablet. but the screen also the problem(too big, 7-10") and we saw someone in HK selling gps with build in music/video player. so we grab this idea, get gps screen,formatted and re-install with winCE plus any other software. initially, we like to install Android OS, but got the problem with GPS software (only compactible with microsoft products - well, seems like we hardly escape from microsoft domination :-(
    it's not as powerful as carputer(which you might use for controlling your aircon,CD player or lights), but judge by the functionallity (internet-GPS-pdf-office-BT-etc) seems like much better than using iPad/tablet, even only runs on 735MB processor, 128MB memory and 12GB storage :-p
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit

2 thumbs up!!!

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    So all the control based on touch screen? Which GPS that you use? Is there a way to minimise the motorised sound?
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1 - RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by Atjo View Post
    So all the control based on touch screen? Which GPS that you use? Is there a way to minimise the motorised sound?
    yes -

which GPS ? currently i installed TomTom,Navman,Garmin and 2 more of un-famous software, still lookin' for Mio software, but basicly all we need is open source software -

Noise ? yes, this the only problem i'm facing right now, i've already bought robotic/mini linear actuator instead of normal actuator in 50-100mm length (1.5cm body frame vs 3cm, 110lbs force vs 500lbs),but the noise still little bit loud, i should wrap with sound deadening before :-(
    Big Brake Kit with Slotted rotor and Braided Line for FD
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...009-Direct-Fit