Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazz
    my jazz is 1 out of 3 that dreams talking about. Just serviced 110,000kms at honda and I told them about the knocking sound from the engine (did it on last service as well) and apparently they keep saying that the sound is normal. i think its time to put k24 on mine lol!

That's odd, my engine had done 170,000km, before it was pulled down, and fitted with forged pistons. still had the original hone marks on the cylinder walls, so no need to have it re-bored or honed. the builders were very supprised how good the condition of the engine was/is

serviced @ highway honda all it's warrenty life, then i service it for it's "small" service, and they still do the medium/large service

it's a 2005 VTiS, and has been driven hard 75% of it's life.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    sorry to hear this. my 04 VTI is now coming to 130,000kms. engine has been running flawlessly. couldn't be happier .. which makes me even more surprised to read this. my car has been serviced by Hanny's after the initial 10,000km dealer servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by hueihonda View Post
    Anybody else having these problems and what is causing it, dealer and Honda Australia "don't know" what is causing this problem.
    Looks like you're servicing every ~6 months or 8000-9000km which is fine.

Are you flogging the engine when it's cold or something?
    :P

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    i never let mine take off unless the engine is warm 80% of engine wear is due to ppl driving/revving a cold engine rather then letting it idle to warmth.
    Hey man, just so you know you shouldnt sit at idle until it warms. At idle your oil pressure is lower and could cause increased start up wear.
    Let it sit for 20 seconds and then drive very sedately until its warmed up

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Mines got noisy yappets when cold, but the noise goes away within a mnute of driving. Tappets need to be done every 40K km.s, mine still not done at 83K km.s ( slack ).

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Mines got noisy yappets when cold, but the noise goes away within a mnute of driving. Tappets need to be done every 40K km.s, mine still not done at 83K km.s ( slack ).

Sorry, Tappets, not Yappets.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    Sorry, Tappets, not Yappets.
    Could of just done an edit rather then, repost.
    although i was scratching my head to figure out what you meant.

.... fully versed in typonesse.... knew what you meant.

... might just be the oil being used too... Highway honda moved from honda 10w-30, (i think that was the weight) to Magnatec 10w-30 a few years back...
    Last edited by ss-rotel; 13-06-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: ma bad

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel View Post
    .... fully versed in typonesse.... knew what you meant.

... might just be the oil being used too... Highway honda moved from honda 0w-30, (i think that was the weight) to Magnatec 10w-30 a few years back...
    Honda has two oils. Mineral and Synthetic. The mineral is 10w-30 and the synthetic is 5W-30. If I remember correctly.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Are you starting the engine and driving off immediately with moderate throttle? It sounds to me like an external issue is causing the problem and it could be driving behaviour-related.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

... the Jazz oil is semi-synth. i'm GUESSING due to the moly coating on the stock pistons, is the reason that full synth oils are not recomeneded in the L15A1 engine...

Anyway, i meant 10w-30, (post edited), my bad. new laptop, was getting used to the Keyboard

anyway... i'm not sure if the Magnatech change was a highway honda thing, or a accross the board honda thing...

I should get my car back this week, and as it's running forged pistons, plan to run full synth, either motul or mobil 1... and it'll rattle like a bastard cold...