Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1

Scratches that can only be seen in certain angles after respraying clear coat.

Hi guys,
    Didn't know where else to post this but here it goes. Been doing a DIY paint job for my mugen lip kit, everything turned out beautiful except after I used a minor rubbing compound on it, after a few days there were very fine scratches inside the base coat or in between the clear coat. Tried sanding it out and everything. I ended up respraying it but after the end product - it happened again but this time I didn't use the turtle wax rubbing compound. I'm seriously clueless on what is happening cause the other pieces turned out great. I've looked around on other forums and googled it. It actually looks like hair particles in it and you can only see the scratches on specific angles.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    they look like fractures in the sideskirts themselves not the paint as they are fiberglass, you get fractures in fiberglass when they flex alot or have been scraped.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    Thanks for the reply da12nv. Should of been more clear before, the side skirt is actually made out of plastic >_> and it happened after I repainted it Been doing a lot of research and I'm still clueless.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    What surface prep did you do?

Shouldve sprayed it with filler putty, and sanded it nice and smooth first.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    FD1
    The first spray I prepped it with just normal plastic primer. The second respray I just sanded it down and did a base coat. I didn't think it would turn out like that again. What caused this sort of defect anyway? and is it fixable? If it isn't I might just leave it cause its only visible in certain angles but I would prefer to fix it if it didn't involve re-spraying the whole thing

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    If youre happy with it, dont worry. and being the lip kit, theyll get all fcuked up pretty quick anyway, rock chips and shit.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R,EGB18C7
    hey man, could possibly be cause you didnt use the right sand paper and sand it back properly it happened to me either that or maybe add another coat as stated or.. when you go to spray them make sure you spray them somewhere closed and free from dust and other stuff floating around as it can get stuck to the paint.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you sanded the first colour coat before the clear, what grit did you use?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2