Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array

dc2r wheel rubbing

hey guys

ive got an issue with rubbing on my front wheels on my dc2r, the car is lowered quite a bit and under the front wheel arch there is this metal bit that protrudes right down and its been slicing thru my tyres quite badly...

i know that one contributing factor is that im running 205/50r16 and the profile might have slightly caused the rubbing, but still.

im sure most of you here who has a slammed dc2r would know about this and im just wondering what most people do to fix this issue, is it possible to 'roll' this metal bit to flatten it to the chassis?

cheers
    Last edited by anzai; 10-06-2011 at 04:11 AM.
    naturally i finished my set.

pictures.

Or just remove what is rubbing

or just raise your car.

Even in your sig it says function over form

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Haha, yes. Function over form indeed.

try to raise it up a bit i had the same bit before but that was when the car too low , so raise a bit higher up then the issues gone

p.s i was with 195/60/r16

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    egour i got the same issue lol

i put in 3mm spacers at the front and back, it has help heaps. 195/55/15
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Function over form indeed. Going over 2" drop is going over the ideal ride height for you car.

Low car + form. Decent suspension setup that isn't overly low is best for function.

What suspension r u running??
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    when i said its lowered quite a bit its not ridiculously low

im running bc coilovers, 6k/4k, i figured it could also be caused by the low spring rate... but ive set the damper to the maximum and its still rubbing =\

whats your wheel spec?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    nice looking DC2R. Your cars ride height looks ok, but you look 'lifted', due to having a too high profile a tyre.
    low spring rates can effect it too.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    It it the metal tab that your inner guard is clip ed on to? If so bend the tab up. I'm guessing you've taken the inner guards out?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    whats your wheel spec?
    wheel is jdm 16'', so 16x7 +50 i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    nice looking DC2R. Your cars ride height looks ok, but you look 'lifted', due to having a too high profile a tyre.
    low spring rates can effect it too.
    thanks mate..the 50% of 205 is supposedly the right profile to match the stock 195/55r15 rolling diameter, according to 2 tyre shops... they came with the car though, although i'd prefer 205/45r16 .

but yea with the low spring rates the car does bounce around quite a bit.. it rubs a lot when the car starts bouncing...

Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    It it the metal tab that your inner guard is clip ed on to? If so bend the tab up. I'm guessing you've taken the inner guards out?
    i dont think the black inner guard thingy is clipped on to the metal bit, are you talking about the edge of the fender for when you want to 'roll the guards'?

i dont know if its clear enough but this is an illustration... the red bit on the tyre is where the metal bit is slicing it through.. its right dead centre.. so if you look through the fender from the side, the dotted line is where this metal bit protudes downwards from the chassis..

this metal bit has even sliced through the black guard lining and hence through my wheel...

offtopic, but ur car looks heaps good
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i