Rubbing Sound When Steering/Turning?

Hello,
    recently my Civic Eh9 VTI has started to make a rubbing sound when turning (more obvious when parking/in tight areas). I am not sure where the sound is coming from (seems to be from steering column) but I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to locating the issue. I read that the older accords had power steering issues with the hose valve not letting enough fluid through.

Just to be specific it isn't a grinding clunky sound, it is definitely a rubbing sound of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

As said in other thread, Steering rack.

Take it to a mechanic, get their opinion and get them to fix it.
    Problem?

FFamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EJ8
    I got the same problem too with my civic ej8..only when i turn left though. scary sometimes lol

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Changed your rims and tires or lowered your car lately... Could be scrubbing the guards...
    I had a strange sound like Something was rubbing at one stage when full lock after I put on a diff set of rims.. Had a wheel alignment done. Problem gone..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EJ8
    ^
    could be the case. My car is lowered as

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    check ur guards. park the car and lock the steering left, then right. If you see rubbing marks, ur wheels and tires are too big or wide or you are too low.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!