Page 165 of 246 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,969 to 1,980 of 2952

Thread: cu2 mods

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Y'all seedy bastards... :-p
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    wow i dont post for ages and this thread gets pushed to second page lolz

man u guys remember how i was complaining about hitting something under my car against the gate stopper poking up from the ground in my driveway? like a clunk.
    well i stayed at my uncles place over the weekend...and he has an even higher plate/stopper poking up from the ground. i caught the train to work and told him to reverse the car into his driveway. when i came to pick it up at night....i drove 200m down the road, hit the brakes at a red light, nose of the car dipped a few cm cause of the braking...then SCRAPPPEEEEEEEEE. i was like WTFFFF BBQQQ WAS THAT?!

so i kept driving but didnt hear anything....until i got to a slightly bumpy road, then....SCRAPPe SCRAPEEE SCRAPITY SCRAPPEEEE!
    so i pulled the car over. walked around the car, expecting the worst...lilke the bodykit fell off or something. but could see anything wrong!!!

when i finally got home, i pulled out a flashlight and looked under my car...and oh my fukn god....basically when my uncle reversed, his stopper thing latched onto the heatshield underneath the car and ripped half of it off. so basically i had a gigantic plate bend into an upside down L shape poking down underneath my car. it hung lower than my crazy low bodykit. so every tiny downward jolt would scrape the edge of the alumnium plate.

next day i tried jacking the car up to look underneath and tried to wack the plate up a bit to hopefully increase the distance between the edge and the ground, since i had no time to go to mechanic that day
    i didnt have one of those stands u use to hold up the car, so as i was laying bricks (lol) whoda guessed it, the car started sliding backwards and basically tilted off the car jack nearly crushing my hand. then the car jack got stuck between a brick and my side skirts -_-
    so then i had to call my cousin to come lend me his jack so i cud get the thing out. Sighs

finally i took it to a mechanic, who had to drive my car onto a plank of wood and use 2 car jacks to lift my car up cause mine was so damn low she cudnt fit anything underneath lol.
    then she unscrewed it and re rivtted the plate back together. malletted the thing flat and screwed it back on, ensuring that she bend it upwards a bit to prevent hooking again (the exhaust now sits lower than the heat shield does). and yes the mechanic was this 19 year old tiny little asian girl who i could no believe was the one fixing my car. and she totally knew her stuff.

so $40 down, an uncrushed hand, and a newlly hammered heatshield later, i have minimal "clunk" inssues when driving. That being said having my car lowered still gives me nightmares as i have to deal with scraping the underside of my lip everytime i go into a gas station cause of their STUUUUUUUPIDLY designed driveways.

Also in regards to buying bigger rims to elevate the car, the girl told me that it wouldnt work because getting bigger mags means i have to get lower profile tyres, offsetting each other....
    the only other way is to get bigger mags or higher profile tyres without offsetting each other, thereby having a bigger diameter overall. which is what i wanted. but the down side is that my wheels wont be rolling at the correct speed the odomoter is reading due to the increased circumference....and messing with ur odometer is illegal....so FAROUT MAN...damned if u do, damned if u dont

i have pics of the whole sequence of events, which i will post at a later date when i can be bothered.

on another matter, i popped the hood the other day and had a close look at the air intake. it appears that our stock intake feeds air in from the upper right part of the grill (when facing the car) and draws the air down a pipe, THEN BACK UP AGAIN in a loop wtf, then feeds into the airbox. thats so freaken stupid??
    by removing the resonator, it just makes the feed inlet grill/filter thing a free floating useless box, and the airbox is sucking in air vertically downwards? so i fail to see how removing the resonator will make it better cause its not allowing the inlet to face oncoming air lilke the stock configuration does (despite its nonsensical, direction changing loopidy loop)
    that is some comedy right there...........hahahha sorry man.

excessive lowering is 50% headache 50% pain............specially for an everyday sedan.

I seriously hope you don't run over a big pot hole.........cracked oil sumps will be costly.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    it takes skills and experience to drive a lowered car without any scrape...

it takes a bravery or pure madness to drive an extremely lowered car.... like 5cm off the ground. (RTA rule is 10cm off the ground i think).

worst case scenario if a major damage hit your oil sump.. you'd have to get it towed and see $,$$$ flowing out of your pocket to fix it.

btw, i also drive a lowered car on Bilstein PSS10 and i have carbon fibre front chin spoiler and carbon fibre exhaust tips, so i always avoid certain areas, intersections, streets and certain shopping centers; and give extreme cautions and long lecturing to the person who is about to take the driver seat
    Last edited by natnat; 10-06-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    it takes skills and experience to drive a lowered car without any scrape...

it takes a bravery or pure madness to drive an extremely lowered car.... like 5cm off the ground. (RTA rule is 10cm off the ground i think).

worst case scenario if a major damage hit your oil sump.. you'd have to get it towed and see $,$$$ flowing out of your pocket to fix it.

btw, i also drive a lowered car on Bilstein PSS10 and i have carbon fibre front chin spoiler and carbon fibre exhaust tips, so i always avoid certain areas, intersections, streets and certain shopping centers; and give extreme cautions and long lecturing to the person who is about to take the driver seat
    thats sounds about right to describe
    insanity

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    it's amazing how you get to know every single bump on the roads on your most frequent destinations lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    it's amazing how you get to know every single bump on the roads on your most frequent destinations lol.
    especially the ones that caused some damage

i still vaguely remember the area that buckled my 1 mth old 16" TSW wheels in 1997 near Sunnybank Hills in QLD!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    especially the ones that caused some damage

i still vaguely remember the area that buckled my 1 mth old 16" TSW wheels in 1997 near Sunnybank Hills in QLD!
    OMG you lived in sunnybank too?

I reckon 1/2 of QLD Ozhonda members live around a 20 mil radious of sunnybank
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    and yes the mechanic was this 19 year old tiny little asian girl who i could no believe was the one fixing my car. and she totally knew her stuff
    shit, long ass post bro, and bad luck, hope everything goes well from now on...
    and i think everyone is intrigued mostly at the 19 year old female asian mechanic chick, sounds like a hotty from fast and furious LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    like.. Devon Aoki?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    yeah i wud move overstate and something will be wrong with my car...ALL THE TIME..

anyways,, what does the CU2 owners think of this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8HD-Car-D...item3f094fd9a7

and
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D2-RACING...item3cb8c16332

whoag
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2009-Acur...item56319e3878
    Last edited by MR_LATE; 11-06-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    yeah i wud move overstate and something will be wrong with my car...ALL THE TIME..

anyways,, what does the CU2 owners think of this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8HD-Car-D...item3f094fd9a7

and
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D2-RACING...item3cb8c16332

whoag
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2009-Acur...item56319e3878
    I would love to hear the sound quality of the DVD player and GPS navigation. I have had experience when we were installing one on his camry. Everything was working fine except the sound was completely different after the installation. The mechanic pointed out that the headunit does not produce enough output to support the sound quality. Correct me if I'm wrong.

However still a good add on to the euro where there is camera to help with parking, especially in the city!
    IN3RTIA

ESPELIR Springs | 6000k MTEC | WORK GS1 | INJEN Cold Air Intake | Honda Access Kits | Fujitsubo Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    BRZ
    omg furythree, thats a laugh.
    sorry didnt mean it.
    just the events. just like a movie.
    hope all goes well from now on.
    civic is civic backwards
    Green Machine is gone