Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    I believe that headlight washers are required by law for cars with HID headlights. Annoying, because all they really seem to be good at is squirting soapy water up my bonnet. They also have a tendency to get stolen on the Euro. Headlight washers are a PITA really.

The problem with the Milano Red colour is that it is notorious for fading and oxidising. Most red Euros I have seen around look quite faded, and have gone somewhat pink. That one has been through a detailer's hands for sure. Keep it garaged if you can, you should be OK. Definitely investing in microfibre washing mitt and towels will help it stay looking good for longer.

- HZ
    Agreed, the milano red is a bitch under the Aussie sun, one of my car detailed mates said it's something about the quality of the finish they put on it or something.

If mine's Milano red I probably put some DIY paint protection on it.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've had a few people tell me that the red will fade, while others say it'll be fine. So not sure who to believe. On the other hand, the car is 5 years old and still shines through and through...

@Fredoops - DIY paint protection? Could you enlighten me a bit more on this? :P (as you can probably tell, i'm a bit of a car no0b)

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by audiboi View Post
    I've had a few people tell me that the red will fade, while others say it'll be fine. So not sure who to believe. On the other hand, the car is 5 years old and still shines through and through...
    Trust me, the Honda Milano Red is notorious for fading and oxidising. It can be rectified to a point by getting a paint correction done, which involves using polishes to abrade away the layer of dead oxidised paint from the clear coat, revealing shiny paint and restoring colour depth. Like this:

Honda Euro Milano Red Paint Correction

That's why I'm pretty sure a detailer has already done this to your car, which is why it looks so great. There's also a good chance that your car was garaged which has helped preserve the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by audiboi View Post
    @Fredoops - DIY paint protection? Could you enlighten me a bit more on this? :P (as you can probably tell, i'm a bit of a car no0b)
    You can get a UV protecting sealant that will help give the paint some protection from the environment, eg Zaino Z2 Pro, or Final Inspection Seal.

- HZ
    Last edited by HunterZero; 26-05-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro Luxury
    i have a 05 lux, the seats were a bit daggy too, i used meguires leather foam, cleaner and conditioner, they look brand new now. was only $20 for a spray bottle of the stuff, got it from supercheap or somewhere like that
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury- stock as a rock. *Stereo now installed!- too much to list but it's off it's head lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    i also used the leather cleaner, it seems the leather gets a bit more "browner " to me with the age of the car. my cousins 04 euro had seats that looked coffee coloured whilst mine was a 2006 model that had more creamier colour.... again, it depends where the car is parked, try to avoid sunlight and if its in direct sun, leave the windows down a few cms..... lets the hot air escape !

Tint also will help although whether we like it or not, our cars wont stay new forever !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks guys! Just picked up a bottle of Meguires Leather Cleaner, and will give the seats the 'ol srubba-srubba over the coming weekend.

I know our cars won't stay new forever, but keeping it that way is part of the challenge right?