Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: First Car :3

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    ^Not everyone loves their first car
    Same here. My first car cost 600 bucks. LPG powered Sigma love wagon ooo yea. Saved me lots of money and 3 accidents (2 at faults) later I learnt to slow the **** down. Never needed repairing since it was such a tank. Passed it on for $450 and looking back best purchase ever.

Money you save not repairing or doing stupid mods on your 1st car will go towards a nice 2nd or even 3rd car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Do I really have to refer to that thread of that Type R Teg wrapped aound a pole with a dead passenger?
    rink pureez.

Member Array
    Car:
    crak whore
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    ^Not everyone loves their first car... i was over mine after 2 months. However if it was to be sold/written off i might feel a speck of sadness. It's just been a learning process about cars and the modifying scene. My teggie is simply a guinea pig
    I mean, you love your first car, because its a car... Like, it would suck getting on your p's with no car to drive... Even if you end with a hyundai you will still love the fact that you have a car.
    you kunts are just too busy flippin burger pattys for me while im waiting in the drive through of mcdonalds in my s2k with my blonde bitch in the passenger seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Teg
    If I had any money when I got my licence I would have probably bought an eg/ek daily, played around with it then bought the R a year or so later. When you are more in tune with the road and can easily afford it..
    All Motor

Quote Originally Posted by CivicEGSI View Post
    I mean, you love your first car, because its a car... Like, it would suck getting on your p's with no car to drive... Even if you end with a hyundai you will still love the fact that you have a car.
    Not true.

A friend of mine did the whole "buy a shitbox for your first car" thing, bought an early 90's corolla and hates every second of it. He even got excited when he thought it was stolen. He's now looking to sell it and buy a civic.

Also engine swaps are legal for P platers as long as the engine was offered from the factory. e.g swapping out a CA18DE for SR20DE in 180SX or D16Y4 for B16A2 in an EK - however with the engine swap all other parts need to be fitted with it too (rear disc brakes with the upgrade to B16A2 etc). Mod plates with engine modification codes is what we're not allowed. Which means a mod plate for say a bucket seat is actually allowed.

For all these people saying "YOU WILL CRASH" - don't let them dictate you on what to buy - crashes happen yeah, but just driving style has a shit load more to do with it than with what car. I'm a p plater and the only crash I've had wasn't my fault but an open licensee's fault - and nowadays L platers/P platers generally know more about road rules than most people on their opens.

Buy something cheap, and reliable - I'd go with the EK4 as it's newer than the del sol and it'll be cheaper to buy/run/insure than the teg.
    Last edited by Ryuzaki; 13-06-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh
    but u did technically crashed :P

The guy ran up the back of me at a set of lights... all I could do was sit there.

Member Array
    Car:
    ah huhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuzaki View Post
    Not true.

A friend of mine did the whole "buy a shitbox for your first car" thing, bought an early 90's corolla and hates every second of it. He even got excited when he thought it was stolen. He's now looking to sell it and buy a civic.
    Would he rather be walking? Thats one reason i think everyone loves when they get a first car :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dubstein View Post
    Would he rather be walking? Thats one reason i think everyone loves when they get a first car :3
    Of course not, but the point I was trying to make was that he doesn't love it at all.

You don't love your first car, you love being able to drive your first car.
    Last edited by Ryuzaki; 13-06-2011 at 03:38 PM.

^^ Owell, i'm pretty happy with my teg. (Picking it up next weeked)

Who wouldn't be happy with a teg.. ha. Good luck with it

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    integra
    I got a dc2 teggy for myself as a first car, haven't looked back.. Beenf fairly reliable also looks good/turns heads. What else do you want on your ps?