Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    Not sure if it was your fault,as if you were hit in the back whilst waiting to turn,it is the drivers fault who turned into you...........
    I'm thinking the same think.More info needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    as everyone else has stated, you've turned right across traffic so you'd be at fault.

in regards to your mods, they are classified as part of your vehicle so you won't be able to get them back. the assessor will just add the value of all your mods onto the prior accident value (PAV) and you'll get paid for your car and mods together.

did they tell you where in smithfield they towed the car? if it's percival st, then it's repairable. if it's woodpark rd, then your car's a write off.

if your car is a write off, you won't be able to register in NSW anymore. as of the 31st of Jan, RTA no longer recognises the difference between statutory write-off and repairable write-off. if the cost of repairs is more than market value, the insurance company will notify the RTA and your car is pretty much gone

Quote Originally Posted by jim57a View Post
    in regards to your mods, they are classified as part of your vehicle so you won't be able to get them back. the assessor will just add the value of all your mods onto the prior accident value (PAV) and you'll get paid for your car and mods together.
    Is that only the case if you declare your modifications? And would it still be the case if you were insured for an agreed value?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    Hey guys thanks for all the kind replies, i beleive i am at fault since i turned into incoming traffic, i am with NRMA for market value and i beleive they have included my mods since they are paying me out 23k, i have some belongings left in the car which they told me to pickup at percival st in smithfield, so not sure whats going to happen, since the car cant be registered does that mean they are just going to destroy it? They havnt contacted me if i can buy back the wreck so dont have any idea of whts going to happen, my mods havnt been declared but do they still take them into account when they assess my value? Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by ck.kyo View Post
    Hey guys thanks for all the kind replies, i beleive i am at fault since i turned into incoming traffic, i am with NRMA for market value and i beleive they have included my mods since they are paying me out 23k, i have some belongings left in the car which they told me to pickup at percival st in smithfield, so not sure whats going to happen, since the car cant be registered does that mean they are just going to destroy it? They havnt contacted me if i can buy back the wreck so dont have any idea of whts going to happen, my mods havnt been declared but do they still take them into account when they assess my value? Thanks for all the replies everyone.
    it will be auctioned off and a wrecking yard will buy it. if it has already been written off then it can never be registered again.
    OEM parts whore

well, if the guy is caught speeding, wouldn't that be 100000000000000000000x in your favor? i'm assuming?

i couldn't see them saying you turned into the traffic,someone hooned around the corner, didnt look at you and smacked you, your fault..

that is if the cops can prove/he admits it was his fault/he was speeding.

idk, good luck dude! sucks ass, be grateful you've got comp though!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    ck.kyo,what car are you going to be replacing your Euro with ???

Another Euro ???

Let us all know...you must be very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerTofu View Post
    well, if the guy is caught speeding, wouldn't that be 100000000000000000000x in your favor? i'm assuming?

i couldn't see them saying you turned into the traffic,someone hooned around the corner, didnt look at you and smacked you, your fault..

that is if the cops can prove/he admits it was his fault/he was speeding.

idk, good luck dude! sucks ass, be grateful you've got comp though!
    Yeh, It would be extremely hard to prove that the other party was speeding. Unless there were any witnesses, they're gonna say you're at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jim57a View Post

if your car is a write off, you won't be able to register in NSW anymore. as of the 31st of Jan, RTA no longer recognises the difference between statutory write-off and repairable write-off.
    true, but u can still go through the RTA and go through the steps to try and be able to repair and re rego the car, but the rta has to grant you this.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...y_brochure.pdf
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    best to just take the pay out money and move on.

a car that has been in an accident could have its intended chasis tune distorted and sensitive drivers will feel it, things will no longer be tight, etc etc..........

also when the time comes to sell, prospective buyers will ask the usual 'has it been in an accident' question and the smart ones will just skip it and others may just push the price lower and lower.

best to clarify with NRMA if the payout of $23k is inclusive of what they see in the car, or not, or if they're happy for you to swap the wheels / nuts (easiest to swap), swap the Injen (will take an hour or more).

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    Is that only the case if you declare your modifications? And would it still be the case if you were insured for an agreed value?
    doesn't matter if you declare your mods or not. it's still classified as a part of the vehicle.

if you have an agreed value, you don't get your parts back. it'd be your lost if you didn't increase your sum insured.

he hit you, dont admit fault and let the insurance settle it. if the insurance say you are at fault then only you pay for it