Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR

swaybars for dc5r

is it true that we cannot fit any Jap brand (eg. Cusco) front swaybar on our AUDM DC5R's??

We're limited to using Whiteline and Pedders etc...?

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    i've never heard anything like that.
    i know of people using JDM DC5R rear sway bars so i cant see why you soulcn't use cusco etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '08 Lancer Evo X GSR
    I dunno, i remember reading this a while ago, it was either in here or ClubRSX.
    Can't fit the Jap brand front swaybars due to the suspension being different at the front on the JDM DC5 compared to our DC5's.

I've tried searching but can't find that same post. Maybe i made this up?! Hehe..don't think so tho.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    oh sorry i was talking about rear sway bars.
    you might be right about front bars, but when you upgrade headers on dc5r you need to fit an EP3 front sway bar so perhaps look at an EP3 bar

Member Array
    Car:
    94 EG, 95 EG
    Doesnt fit because JDM DC5R's use a different LCA because of the Brembo set-up. You can use many USDM brands for a Aust Spec DC5R cos the RSX Type-S Uses the same LCA. I use Whiteline on my car and it's Adjustable. It's not bad for its price. Retail average is around $250AUS each for a Whiteline Adjustable Swaybar, both front and rears are 24mm and are solid inside the bars.

Member Array
    Car:
    CWDC5R
    is this a possible combo?
    toda header + cusco swaybar + jdm LCA

im looking into getting the front cusco swaybar, nothing else is needed for the above set up?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by mikul_ha View Post
    is this a possible combo?
    toda header + cusco swaybar + jdm LCA

im looking into getting the front cusco swaybar, nothing else is needed for the above set up?
    yes it is do-able with mugen or jdm front LCA

alternatively, you guys can go for EP3-R aftermarket front sway bar, direct bolt on
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    CWDC5R
    i got a hold of jdm lca's and now ive been told i also need to change the lower ball joints + sub axel for them to fit into my dc5r. can anyone shed some light on this...

also read something about sleeves to be pressed into the lca so it can use the dc5r "smaller" ball joints. if this is needed for the jdm lca's to fit where can i source some of these, and how much?

Did you end up figuring out what happened with the ball joint?

Quote Originally Posted by mikul_ha View Post
    i got a hold of jdm lca's and now ive been told i also need to change the lower ball joints + sub axel for them to fit into my dc5r. can anyone shed some light on this...

also read something about sleeves to be pressed into the lca so it can use the dc5r "smaller" ball joints. if this is needed for the jdm lca's to fit where can i source some of these, and how much?