Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 334041424344454653 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    ^ harsh but true . At the end of the day the motor you just spend all this money on will get taken by a standard jdm k20a or a2

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    shnap

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Anyway, if you have a look at the bottom of your dyno sheet, you can see your runs were done with an Inertia of 100 & a ramp rate of 140.
    Most of the others in this thread were done in shoot 4, with an inertia of 80 & a ramp rate of 100.
    What this means is you're not having the same hobbling factor applied to your output.
    Adrian, had timmy had his runs done the same as most others, how would it affect his output readings?
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by will13 View Post
    Adrian, had timmy had his runs done the same as most others, how would it affect his output readings?
    It would have shown a lower reading by approx 8~10kw
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    B18EG|EG6|EP3
    Interesting - perhaps timmy should use your dyno for comparison
    My EG5 build
    "Try to move in with a hot easy gurl. I've got a mate who does his house mate when he gets drunk. This way you can cure some of the loneliness and also save $$$ on prosties. Just remember to act like nothings happened the next day because if you get attached your laterz mate."

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Anyway, if you have a look at the bottom of your dyno sheet, you can see your runs were done with an Inertia of 100 & a ramp rate of 140.
    Most of the others in this thread were done in shoot 4, with an inertia of 80 & a ramp rate of 100.
    What this means is you're not having the same hobbling factor applied to your output.
    Adrian, I have emailed Scott at Insight to get some imput into this matter.. As i am not trained in Dyno tuning or have even the slightest clue as to what factors affect dyno runs I thought i would ask.. This is from Scott

"as discussed, your dyno printout was actually designed to demonstrate a lack of power increase and the need for additional modifications to improve engine hp. It was
    not designed to illustrate any drastic improvement. This was the
    intended point of the comparison graph
    . There were many runs indicating
    kw figures almost identical to the sheet ran on various ramp rates.
    "

Scott also said
    "Adrian is actually 100% correct referring to the ramp rate
    which can affect accurate kw comparison figures. Very high kw turbocharged engines can have quite a large affect on the output kw."

Hope this sheds some light on the matter and put this issue to bed... But it seems that there was no 8-10kw change from the variety of ramp rates at which my car was tune on..
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy_B View Post
    Hope this sheds some light on the matter and put this issue to bed... But it seems that there was no 8-10kw change from the variety of ramp rates at which my car was tune on..
    Shed some light… Good one Tim, I mean Mr HBNALM (Hearing but not actually listening man)
    I agree with Scott… If you vary only the ramp rate on a low powered slug, the variation in output will minimal. Also the higher the vehicle output, the greater the variation due to ramp rate change.
    But I didn't say just that. I said your output didn't have the hobling factor of both a lower ramp rate & lower inertia. The devil is in the detail & the missing magic word is inertia.
    It's the combination of the two that makes a real difference easily accounts for 8~10kw stated previously.
    Of course, whether you believe me or not is bye the bye,
    Fact of the matter is when you run your car up in Shoot 4, you're going to be in for a reality check.
    Anyway, one day you’ll have the benefit of hindsight.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Adrian, I appriciate your concern on the matter and its good to get someone opinion as well.. I think after the first dyno sheet was posted up of the wrong power figure by that John Collins Dyno, i realised that there are alot of factors that can produce false readings.. And its a whole new world that i wont understand.
    After everything we have spoken about, be the dyno is realistic or 10kw off im still happy.. Thats one thing you can't question. And to me its the most important. The car drive great, feels great and brakes great and too some, looks great.
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    back on topic...

Customer Car

Engine - Sleeved B18C + SPL Port tuned PR3 head
    Displacement - 1979cc
    Bore -85.00mm
    Stroke - 87.20mm
    CR - Undisclosed
    Camshafts - TODA Racing
    Camgear Settings - Undisclosed
    Gearbox - S80 + M-Factory Straight cut, close ratio gear kit, final drive & Plate type LSD
    I/H/E - Mugen Air Box, SPL 80mm Air pipe, TODA carbon surge tank, TODA 50mm quad throttles, TODA B18C V2 exhaust manifold + M-Factory 60mm cat back
    ECU - MOTEC M800

I've refined my proven combination more by incorperating my latest head port tuning data.
    I'm also now using Dave's CNC chambers
    Results are pleasing so far with more to come in the future.
    Last edited by TODA AU; 27-06-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol/cbr250r
    Far out can I have that motor please Adrian lol btw I need to contact u bout my Hondata lol I've been busy as ...
    Everyday im HUSTLN

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Looks like Leonard's setup??

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Fuuuuuu K series killer !!!!! Wow I'm impressed, any reason why kept the itr crank ? Reliability ?