Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Soon to be DC2R
    I have been looking for a dc2r for soo long mate. Im in nsw and it is ridiculously hard too find a clean dc2 for 13k. I have been out and seen atleat 4 or 5, each having problems. Either written off without the seller being honest, non linear chasis, no logbooks with no sign of care in the engine, putrid interior. Also bugging me are the dreamers who think theyr going to get 16k for their dc2r with 160+kms on it. In my opinion kms arent a worry until it gets to around 160k, but ive always wanted something that could last me atleast for 5+ years and a motor with 160k even taken care of will start needing work over 200k mark. dc5r is easier to find although does cost a fair bit more.IMO id rather be paying abit more and getting a s2k (my dream car). Good luck with it, id suggest a dc5 only because its easier too find a clean one for a realistic price. But if you can find a dc2r for a realistic price, its hard to resist, so much more raw!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    ^ its gonna be hard to find a clean dc2r for 13k mate, unless your lucky lol. Took me ages to find mine. Had the same problem as you checked out a couple of "decent" looking ones and all had problems. Yeah i think some sellers are being abit unrealistic asking for 16k+ for a dc2r with like 200+kms. Thats how much i got mine for and it had 93k kms with logs etc lol. Guess if you have patience you'll find one eventually...

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Yeah i agree, hard to find a decent dc2r in Sydney without people asking alot. . .
    Just give it some patience and i am sure will we be able to find a decent one for a reasonable price somewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 DC5R
    Dont know whether anyone has mentioned yet, but check where the front transmission mount has split. Its a common thing in DC5R's.