Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR

SRS light in 98 integra

What does this light mean when it is always on? is it normal to always be on or does it only come on when theres a problem?
    Can anyone explain please

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    im pretty sure its an ECU error code which stays on when theres a prob, thats when your supposed to get it checked..

not 100% though..

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    have your airbags deployed previously ?
    have you removed the SRS steering wheel and replaced it with a non-airbag wheel ?
    have you blown the fuse for the SRS system ?

anyone of those will give us the answer

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    in normal conditions, you rsrs light comes on it mean there is a problem with the SRS system, you should get this checked out by your Honda dealer.

have you recently installed anything into your car like a car alarm or a stereo ???

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    have your airbags deployed previously ?
    have you removed the SRS steering wheel and replaced it with a non-airbag wheel ?
    have you blown the fuse for the SRS system ?

anyone of those will give us the answer
    no to the first two... and how do you check the last one?

sorrie to hijack.. but this happened to me recently (LIKE THIS WKEND!) ... srs light staying on in my civic ek. does anyone know how to solve the problem.. diy. i found this thru search,...

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=srs+light

is it the same system in a ek civic??

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    yes it does apply,
    find the yellow 2 pin connector, shot it to find the fault codes. make a note of the codes, reset the ecu, and drive the car, seeif it comes on again. post up you codes.

it means your airbag has a prob and has shutdown till the error is fixed. IE if you crash you wont get the safety of an airbag. probably best to get honda to fix it because if you accidently deploy the airbag while trying to fix it then your up for alot more money.

It comes on when there is a problem. If you have just accidently unplugged something on the yellow harness, then you may reset it. You can still reset it but if it keeps coming back on you have a flaw in the system somewhere. You should first check all connectors as well as the fuse and then use the following reset routine.

You may just use a paper clip as a jumper wire although it is not recommended in the routine. I do not have the teg routine but just look for the Memory Reset plug and following either version will work. Has help an ITR owner in Germany so I presume it will work down under as well.

6th GEN CIVICS

7th GEN CIVICS

96er NH701M EK3 w/ Facelift Conversion and EP3 Rebadging
    00er blue-eyed daughter

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    I got my srs light coming on once when i had alternator problems. Not sure if this helps at all, but is just another possible cause to your prob...

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 03Vti
    i suffered thing few months back mate. one thing, if you did not involve any accident or did not muck around with SRS system recently then my 2 cents:

1 - Take it to Honda Dealer, ask them to find out code coming up. normaly they charge $80 for this, but did not charge me. (Werribee Honda Rocks)
    2 - if its Code = 52
    3 - your SRS ECU is gone.
    4 - forget about it, will cost you around $800 for its replacement.
    5 - remove SRS globe from your panel and relax, LOL.

Note: do it on your own risk, its just a suggestion.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTIR
    Thanks for your advice guys