Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    DC4 on BP Ultimate

I've never seen 500km on the odometer =[
    Low fuel light comes on at about 350, but I know I have plenty of fuel left.
    Most I have ever put in at the pump is 42L.

I'll drive on average 35-50 KM monday to friday, so shortish trips, and varies on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cph3r View Post
    DC4 on BP Ultimate

I've never seen 500km on the odometer =[
    Low fuel light comes on at about 350, but I know I have plenty of fuel left.
    Most I have ever put in at the pump is 42L.

I'll drive on average 35-50 KM monday to friday, so shortish trips, and varies on the weekend.
    Same as me mate, BP ult, fuel light round 350. However i've never seen over 380 on my trip meter. Never filled more than 38L though. Short trips in peak hour so bad

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Really? I've pushed mine to 500 before on BP Ultimate, with short trips/start and stopping and everything. Only difference was I shifted at 2.5-3k rpm all day every day. No Vtec ofcourse too lol.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    I'm 100% I can get over 500. The damn fuel light comes on so early I get scared to push it :-p need to get a Jerry can!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    i get 422km now, and i filled up 44 litres last tank

44 X 100 / 422 = 10.4

and before i changed o2 sensor it was

46 X 100 / 385 = 11.9L per 100

forgot to mention both the same style of driving, shifting at 3.5k and vtec here n there (not much tho)
    Last edited by dc2r-0636; 19-07-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I get about 540L out of my DC5R on BP Ultimate.

I fill about 43L everytime.

DC4s have a 50L tank right? Or is it actually 40. I've never pushed it further than 38L cos it sits BELOW empty and fuel light on. I feel like seeing a number above 400 but don't wanna break down!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    DC4s have a 50L tank right? Or is it actually 40. I've never pushed it further than 38L cos it sits BELOW empty and fuel light on. I feel like seeing a number above 400 but don't wanna break down!
    Take it from me charlie you dont want to put yourself in that position. When i first got my EG civic 3 years ago i tried to push it too the end and almost made a meal of it. Was driving down the freeway and almost died...ON THE FREEWAY. Luckly made it to the next exit and it died right outside the fuel station. Managed to get it started again and got it in just in time.

My advise...dont take the risk. Can get you stranded in the worst of places.

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebrown View Post
    It's a 50L tank charlie.
    I pushed mine this week to 462KM, filled up 45L.
    10.2L p/100KM!!

I think I need to take a vacation from the redline for a week :P

Hahah bro no point going redline on the B18B. When did your fuel light come on? Petrol price has dropped! Not driving for a week paid off lol i saved like $5 spent it on injector cleaner instead

Member Array
    Car:
    '98 DC4 [B-74P]
    Plenty of point! The sound and it keeps me above 5k when I shift up.

My low fuel light comes on at roughly 350. But I can easily get another 100 after that, around town driving.

I covered up my pod so there isn't the induction noise anymore. Good fuel saving technique

I'm getting similar fuel economy to you, aren't you concerned that it is too high? Should be like 8-9l/100 at most