Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

Missed service...

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a 2006 Accord Euro, and the log books say the last service was done at 56,800kms at March last year.

Now my car is sitting in on 74,000kms, and is clearly overdue for service. The dealer I bought it from said he did a "basic" service before selling it to me, but this wasn't recorded in the books.

I have a voucher from Burswood Honda (perth) for a $250 "Breathe Easy Service". My quesiton is - is it worth it going back to the dealer to get a service done? I've heard mixed opinions, most negatives are that they tend to be more expensive than other places. Also, could anyone guestimate how much I should be expecting to pay?

Cheers!

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Generally they are more expensive but if you have a voucher then might as well go back there.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Phone 3 Honda service places closest to you and get prices.You'd be surprised how much they vary!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Wow. I just rang up Burswood Honda, and was told that since my car is at 74,000 I would be best going in for the 80k service. I was quoted $719!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    80,000km service includes a valve clearance check and fuel filter replacement. That is why it is expensive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Never trust a 2nd hand seller for "basic service". Always do a fluid change after taken delivery of a 2nd hand car.

Open up oil cap and see if you have any black deposits on the block, if you do, say hello to sludge... And if your oil is very dark and thick, it's FUBAR.

Price wise, if your car is not under warranty, just call up other places for quotes just brig your own parts and oil, so they only charge labour and workshop.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars