Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    so basically the whole thing can be removed from the engine bay because its not hooked up to anything lol
    it depends what ecu youre using i think.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DB9
    the purge solenoid would have to be connected to ecu right? because it isnt just open/close is it?

it lets in fuel as its required much like an injector, so variable based on load/throttle

what would the ecu do if the purge solenoid wasnt there? would it just run the car in safe mode? or just throw an error and run normally?
    Team Yum Cha Daily
    Melb Crew reppin

.....an era has ended.....RIP YF dc2^3

"I do apologise for what must seem like an arbitrary imposition"

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Thank you to all that have replied! It's a B18C7 in a em1.

I'm pretty certain that there is a charcoal canister there with all it's connections in place, that said I didn't really have a very thorough look.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Bringing an old post back to life.
    I've just finished a c7 swap into my ek1 (d16y4) and am left with the purge solenoid disconnected. I have a point on my im for the hose. Two hoses on my existing charcoal cannister and another hose adapter thing coming from the valve cover.
    Could anybody please tell me which of these hoses I need to keep and which ones go to the valve cover and im??

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    pictures

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250
    i dont think the ECU actually looks for the purge solenoid. removed the one on my old b16 along with canister. and just put rubber over the open plug. purge solenoid works on its own with some power and an earth i think. the ecu doesnt send it commands as such.

JDM b18c doesnt have one apparently.

just unplug it see if u get a code. make sure if u remove it all that you go super cheap and get 3/4mm hose caps to plug the holes in manifold.
    4mm is the hose size but 3mm will be much tighter and better seal.