Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    If you want to get the most out of the K, you need an aftermarket ECU. As I said, an exhaust alone isnt going to change it that much.
    He's right mate, the best way to get the most out of your motor + headers is an ecu. As 45SET said, adding a lightweight flywheel will also give you gains down low. An aftermarket exhaust is designed to improve the rate of exhaust gas exiting the engine. Buying one for your motor will only see noticeable gains in mid to top end power. You'd be better off spending your money on the two items previously talked about, then you will get the result your after. Btw 4 cylinder honda engines aren't generally designed stock for low end torque and so it can be hard to get much out of them.

just wasn't sure....all i do want is improvement over my stock catback....its not that i wanna gain torque i dont wanna lose torque......Some exhaust shop dude was like the biggest the piping the less back pressure resulting in loss of torque but upside is gains in power .... is this true ???

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    just wasn't sure....all i do want is improvement over my stock catback....its not that i wanna gain torque i dont wanna lose torque......Some exhaust shop dude was like the biggest the piping the less back pressure resulting in loss of torque but upside is gains in power .... is this true ???
    As we just said the bigger the piping the more gains you will get in top end power which is where your motor makes most of its power, you may lose a small amount of torque down low but there isn't much there anyway lol. For NA engines the smaller the diameter of exhaust piping the faster the exhaust gases flow, because of what is called the scavenging effect which is when the exhaust gas pulses as it exits the pipe, which then sucks the gas following it out faster. But a pipe that is too small limits the total amount of gas that can escape. So obviously a bigger pipe will allow more exhaust gas to flow out of it but the gases wont flow as quickly as they exit the exhaust. Thats why they always say you can never have to big of an exhaust in a turbo car because the exhaust gases are always exiting at i high velocity due to the turbo. You just have to ballance it out mate. IMO you need to do some research, there is so much info on this topic all over car forums

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Seems like Oz_Striker summed up what I was going to say. Larger exhaust = bigger top end power but smaller low end. I'd suggest going for a K-Pro tune: you should see noticeable increases I guarantee it

indeed k pro is the way to go but very expensive .......anywho thankx guyz for all the good info ....btw does anyone know any ppl with second hand exhaust ??

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    go the mugen twinloop

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    ^ same as above..

lol i had Ms intake + mugen twin loop with STOCK header and i noticed the difference.

a nice difference.

anyone selling mugen???

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5
    mugen sales them though.

lol

i need second hand !!!!