Thread: .

cr kais rimsd 9
    Last edited by DOMN8U; 09-09-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by DOMN8U View Post
    Know someone selling ROTA GRIDS but i can only choose from two sizes that are available. Either 17x9 +25 offset or 17x9 +42offset. Considering my car is lowered but not too low, would these fit without any rubbing? What I'm looking for is a good flush fitment without the need to roll guards or camber and to have just enough clearance between rim and brakes.
    You can't get even remotely flush without rolling the rear guards, the lip on them is nearly 15mm wide so anything that clears that lip will be at least 15mm sunk. Also fitting 9s at the rear without rolling guards is very difficult unless you use a tiny tyre.

Stock DC5 brakes are tiny and I have never heard of a 17" wheel having clearance issues so don't worry about that. The 17x9 +42 will hit the rear trailing arm and maybe the strut at the front, and will require spacers if you actually want the car to roll. So get the +25, fit a 235/40 (A size considered safe on a 9" wheel by most tyre manufacturers) or a 225 (very mild stretch) and then roll the guards and set the camber so it doesn't rub. But since you don't want to roll your guards perhaps get some less crappy wheels in a more conservative width and offset (17x8 +35 works nicely without rolled guards) and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    ...and then roll the guards and set the camber so it doesn't rub. But since you don't want to roll your guards perhaps get some less crappy wheels in a more conservative width and offset (17x8 +35 works nicely without rolled guards) and be happy.
    LOL talk about dissing rotas in style!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    You can't get even remotely flush without rolling the rear guards, the lip on them is nearly 15mm wide so anything that clears that lip will be at least 15mm sunk. Also fitting 9s at the rear without rolling guards is very difficult unless you use a tiny tyre.

Stock DC5 brakes are tiny and I have never heard of a 17" wheel having clearance issues so don't worry about that. The 17x9 +42 will hit the rear trailing arm and maybe the strut at the front, and will require spacers if you actually want the car to roll. So get the +25, fit a 235/40 (A size considered safe on a 9" wheel by most tyre manufacturers) or a 225 (very mild stretch) and then roll the guards and set the camber so it doesn't rub. But since you don't want to roll your guards perhaps get some less crappy wheels in a more conservative width and offset (17x8 +35 works nicely without rolled guards) and be happy.
    RIM GOD HAS SPOKEN... CLOSE THREAD!

Also lul'd at Rota jab