Page 138 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3888128135136137138139140141148 ... LastLast
Results 1,645 to 1,656 of 1896

Thread: The Batmobile

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Well, coming off of my P's next year, so i'm looking for something with abit more power and it would be nice it have a new solid car to set myself up for then ten years or so.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Fair enough man. But a Holden? That's asking for problems lol
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey72 View Post
    Well, coming off of my P's next year, so i'm looking for something with abit more power and it would be nice it have a new solid car to set myself up for then ten years or so.
    Your SS will halve in value in 2 years. Owning a Holden for 10 years = lots and lots of things to replace and fix. The reliabilty and quality is just not there.

I would suggest something Jap and turbo. WRX/s15 or an ITR. You don't have wife and kids, just get a coupe.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Car looks Hot Timmy.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    SS is fun ok?
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey72 View Post
    SS is fun ok?
    You're in the wrong forum for this. The only one I'd let you go for would be Falcon turbo 6cyl. Like FPV version. And make it a ute.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    F that. My mates dad (this guy is loaded) had a $90,000 Monaro that was an utter lemon straight off the factory floor. Clutch failed 3 times in the 3 years he owned it. Sold it. Bought an R8 next. Same thing. For the price you pay for a brand new car, the thing was utter shit. 90% of the car is plastic, and the finish of the interior is disgustingly poor. Not to mention the abundance of terribly workmanship in the exterior of the car.

And we're not talking about the average family sedan here. These are top-of-the-line flagship models.

I don't mean any offense Mikey, at the end of the day it's your money so spend it how you wish But I GAURANTEE you, the 'fun' of the SS will fade very quickly when it's giving you constant grief. Mike's advice was best: stick to something japanese.

If your after mire power/torque, how about a Legend? Or even the Accord with the big 3.6 V6
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Lol something more fun? How is an SS fun? Unless you determine fun as an overpriced fuel guzzling v8 people mover which has been given the title of a "sporty" car. As said above, resale value is shite with them.

I'm sticking with jap cars. Bought myself an rb25det c33 laurel. And I'll have fun smoking ss's 15 years newer in something with half the capacity
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Got any pics of that Dan?
    Last edited by beeza; 01-09-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    @ Mikey, Alex is right. That story about the Monaro (or similar stories about GM) are not at all uncommon. Falcons are more reliable and their new Coyote V8 shits on the SS. Still, both GM and Ford are unreliable compared to Jap cars.

What's wrong with the Accord? That car will last you 10 years easily with next to no issues. You haven't even done 1 proper mod yet. In stock form it's a boat. Do some handling mods and you will be smiling.

Sure, I love V8s. But I wouldn't get one due to high fuel, rego and insurance. It is a complete waste of money. 10 years ago, maybe, when rego was cheap and petrol was 70c a litre. Do the math, get the quotes. You'll be living with the pares for the next 10 years spending everything on your Commie.

But at the end of the day it's ur choice. Even an SS will get owned every time by a 2.0L Rexie. (hint..hint)
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 01-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    U've been told Mikey

Honda's FTMFW!!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    What do u think 4 the EM1?

[IMG][/IMG]