Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ej8

whats a good choice?

im in the search for new rims for my 97 ej8, and im not to sure what wud suit it , so i was wondering what rims i should get with a budget of under $800 . Help me out guys cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    anything thats 16 by 7 with a good offset around +35 lol....Anything with a +40 offset is weak sauce hahahhaha

anything bigger than 16's is just gonna cause heavier steering wheel feel, unnecessary wheel vibration at high speeds, and most important, tire size cost, the bigger the profile the tire, the more its gonna cost

Imo, stick to 16's, they suit the coupe spot on, i find 15's are too small for the shape, on hatch backs its a different story

stick to a 205/45R16 or even 205/40R16 profile tires, remember the wider the tire, the more contact path the tire has = better grip and stability

Or u can alternative go for 195/40R16, but imo, thats already what the em1 tire size is, so its not much of an upgrade

For 800 u can get decent 2nd hand rims with tires, but as for new tires and rims, it is kinda under budget, but anythings possible

my 2cents
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 07-09-2011 at 08:50 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ej8
    lmaoo my 2cents . yeah i think the rims on my car atm are 17's and i think that is too big . i rate most of the Og rims , maybe them in 16 would be jizz?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    good 15/16s sit well, avoid the 0 offset rims for the eks, settle for function
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups