Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    90lan: theres a difference between admitting you made a mistake and dealing with it, and getting royally ****ed over for the mistake

Quote Originally Posted by fmx990 View Post
    if you read the story correctly you would understand how the incident happened. i had my 'safe' gap but the headcheck reduced it and i as i couldnt change into my preferred lane as there was a car there i had no choice but to slam on the brakes and watch as every1 else slammed on their brakes...

but cops called before and said no further action will be taken so obviously realised they dont have a leg to stand on.

good! if they had've charged you then
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    if you read the story correctly you would understand how the incident happened. i had my 'safe' gap but the headcheck reduced it and i as i couldnt change into my preferred lane as there was a car there i had no choice but to slam on the brakes and watch as every1 else slammed on their brakes...

but cops called before and said no further action will be taken so obviously realised they dont have a leg to stand on.

If you had enough of a gap as you said you wouldnt of hit her, no matter what you where doing. In this case a simple head check.

thats good news for you then, hope she doesnt sue your ctp to try get some money and cause you more grief

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    i've had this happen to me before. apparently, no matter what the circumstances, the driver behind is ALWAYS at fault according to the laws in Australia.

i even had the driver in front of me insist to the police at the scene and insurance company it was completely their fault, but they didnt give a sh!t

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    If you had enough of a gap as you said you wouldnt of hit her, no matter what you where doing. In this case a simple head check.

thats good news for you then, hope she doesnt sue your ctp to try get some money and cause you more grief
    and i bet you always leave enough gap to do a headcheck, and dont reply saying "i leave two seconds bla bla bla" cause if you get caught out at the wrong time even 2 secs isnt enough.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F

obviously wasn't enough gap.....
    Still your fault dude.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by redefine View Post
    and i bet you always leave enough gap to do a headcheck, and dont reply saying "i leave two seconds bla bla bla" cause if you get caught out at the wrong time even 2 secs isnt enough.
    Who cares? What are you trying to prove? Do you think 90LAN seriously gives a flying f@rk?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    shit happens, and no cops wont be able to charge you

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Who cares? What are you trying to prove? Do you think 90LAN seriously gives a flying f@rk?
    i do give a flying fark as if that was my car you ran into and gave me that bullshit story you would be seriously wishing the cop saw it
    if you rear end someone, the only excuse you can give is speeding, not paying attention, driving to close, or bad judgement of error which is all of the above
    ozhonda where people dont take responsiblity for their actions

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    imo 90lan is a wanker, which is why im posting. i dont give a shit if anyone else cares...

90lan: being unreasonably angry at someone who didnt hit his car. people make mistakes, thats reality, and ****ing them over for it is getting us nowhere fast. op never said he wouldnt pay damages/insurance excess, and charging op for it isnt going to help the other person at all... so whats the point?

ill be out if this starts turning into a flame war.
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    i do give a flying fark as if that was my car you ran into and gave me that bullshit story you would be seriously wishing the cop saw it
    if you rear end someone, the only excuse you can give is speeding, not paying attention, driving to close, or bad judgement of error which is all of the above
    ozhonda where people dont take responsiblity for their actions
    Werd.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    wow this blew up nicely.... and ill admit it was my fault, not denying that, and i've paid my excess to my insurance company. but i wasnt going to go down without a fight in regards to the careless driving charge as it was simply an accident. pretty much a wrong decision at the wrong time.. certainly learned the lesson for next time.

but hey gotta have your first accident at some point in your driving career if luck isnt on your side..

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1 mother****er
    and ill admit it was my fault, not denying that, and i've paid my excess to my insurance company. but i wasnt going to go down without a fight in regards to the careless driving charge as it was simply an accident.
    ^this

op is taking responsibility, but isnt taking to being treated unfairly. good on ya!
    THAT SHIT WAS BANANAS