Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's

eg sohc vtec swap

hey guys i have access to a d16y1 and a vtec ecu for my daily which is a eg4 can i swap the motors out and swap the ecu but keep my standard wiring harness i was guessing i would have to run the vtec wire out from the ecu any ideas or is it even worth bothering with for my daily the only issue i have is the car looks like it should go hard but being non vtec its kind of a let down

if your current motor is carby and the engine is free and you have time and knowledge of how to swap the motor then it may be worth while

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    If its eg4 injection so it's almost direct swap just you have to wire vtec. but if it's carbie you need wiring loom Ecu , convert it to Fuel injection, Which you need fuel tank/ fuel pump/ fuel lines/ fuel filter

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    It is an eg4 so it is injected already

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    EG4 come injection and carbie. So go for it, search a vtec wiring, and you should be fine. you can do a mini-me to your engine if you have d15b7 , you put d15b7 bottom with d16y1 head

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR V-Spec2
    Dude I think the best way if u have a access to an p28 ecu which is out off a vti model u will be sweet if not check ur ecu code if it's a P06 then u can modify the ecu to run vtec . Pm ecu man on this forum he is a real gangster when comes to ecu. Hope this info helps mate .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    thanks for the info guys one last question would the engine run on the stock ecu if i ran a buddy club v con as the vtec trigger

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR V-Spec2
    from what I have been reading the buddy club vtec controller are really crap !! it doesn;t do much !!
    but u can always try and I think there is some where on the forsale section a dude is selling them for like $30 odd dollards. thats cant hurt !!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    delsol, 2x eg's
    i have used a v con before and it was fine they are a very simple unit but thats what is cool about them i think

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hey man what will i need to complete the d15b7 bottom with a d16y1 head ? i have the d15b7 in the car now and buying a d16y1 engine tonight . will i need a vtec solinoid or does it come with one already thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Will come with one (the Y1 engine, if it's complete). Not a massive gain to be had, but if it's free and you can do it easy then it's worth the swap for an extra 100ish cc's (if you're going from 1.5L).