Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2

Costs involving installation of Mugen RR kit

I was wondering what other costs (apart from the actual kit itself) are involved in installing these bad boys on my FD2. All I can think of at the moment is the cost of painting the panels and installation/labour costs. I've also noticed that the rear bar on the Mugen RR kit has two gaps for a twin exhaust on either side (right/left) but my FD2 has a twin exhaust on just the one side (right), so would I need to also change the exhaust system? (pics included) What can I expect to pay in total to get the job done right? Cheers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda_mugenRR_02.jpg 
Views:	3756 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	19899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	19898

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    probably looking at at least 1-1.5k for painting and install unless you have friends in the business

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    ^ agreed

other than buying the kit itself, painting will be the next most expensive thing. when it comes to installation, u can do it urself. here's a DIY write up from 'mikewl' on installing the Mugen RR kit:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...odna-civic-FD1

for the exhaust system, u'll probably have to switch muffler or adapt the oem one to a single tip.. as for the left side, most of the 'complete' Mugen RR kits come with a dummy exhaust tip to put on the left side just to fill up that hole.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    awesome thanks for the info and yeah i saw mikewl's thread on DIY installation, he did an awesome job but from that i also gathered that i neither possess the patience or skill to install it myself lol, 1.5k sounds about right i guess. should the kit also include the red badges?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    no badges usually.

They're 100 a piece usually. sometimes you can find some good copies for cheaper

stance > fenders

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    $80 each for red badges from Honda dealer. Also most rr kits sold don't include the fender flares... Not that they make much difference

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9, SH9
    $100 for both front & rear red badges via ebay. Just make sure fitment is compatible for the FD and not the US model civics.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    i paid $1400 installed and painted. (front bumper, rear lip, side skirts, 8 wheels fenders, spoiler)
    $1500 for custom cat-back exhaust, 1 on each side. tips were given when i bought the kit
    FD Parts for sale
    http://tiny.cc/fdsale

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    Regarding the red honda badges, I found a seller from the States that sells both front and rear badges for $80~ delivered, but then again as eNGee has said they may not fit the Australian FD2. $1400 is a bit more than what i was expecting to pay.. so ill ask around for quotes. if not then i suppose DIY installation with the help of mikewl's tutorial wouldn't be a bad idea

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    just dont buy red badges. u'll get a lot o hate. get some different coloured ones.. or carbon fiber ones.. or just debadge the whole thing

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic FD2
    haters gonna hate but i think it would look great with the mugen rr kit considering the cf ones too.. liquid23 has a set for sale for $100 hmm.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    yup last one =D
    FD Parts for sale
    http://tiny.cc/fdsale