Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    is there any trick to taking the head unit out to put the fascia in??
    seems like such a PAIN!!!!

one screw on the bottom to remove the plastic cover for heating contorls.

2 screws for the L brackets which are dug in deeeeep, if you put your head where the shifter is you can see where they are.

then tugg with all your might :P, alternatively get a trim kit with tool that allows you to undo clips without breaking it.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    the screws are the easy part, taking the panels off is another story. the trick is to sea-saw the tabs out. for instance with the bottom panel, get the back bit loose somehow and lodge a paddlepop stick or something to make sure it doesn't go back in, then do the same with the front. gently levering the piece out is imo safer than just yanking it out.

now with the front of the bottom panel, from memory i put something small & flat (paddlepop stick) into the gap between the control surround and the lower panel, and levered up towards me. every time i got a bit further i pushed in the stick a bit to try and increase my leverage. i did this slowly for all 3 rounded sections and eventually got the damn thing off.

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    thats the thing tho, the screw through the bottom is out but the center bottom piece wont move unless i pop the clip through the glove box.

im gonna take it to an audio shop soon anyway, jazz HU sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    thats the thing tho, the screw through the bottom is out but the center bottom piece wont move unless i pop the clip through the glove box.

im gonna take it to an audio shop soon anyway, jazz HU sucks
    told you so! yeah the nightmare over and done with, just decide carefully on the headunit you put in, because it's just as much of a bitch to get the aftermarket one off.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    i've been trying to do this for a while now, when i connect the AUX cable to the back of the HU, the audio sucks. i have to turn the volume up to the max and the output is probably at 5-10% normal volume.

is this because of shit cabling? if so what kind of cables should i look into getting? currently using the pins from an old computer and some unbranded earphones Aux jack.

have you turned the volume up on both the auxiliary device and the headunit?

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    yeah i always have my iphone full vol when hooked up to the car, and just change the hu vol. one thing (might just be mine) is that when i use headlights or anything that uses power, the power must dip and causes the hu vol to almost turn off. either need to turn up the hu vol stupidly high, or just pause/resume the song on the iphone.

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    i just resolved the problem, it was a shitty Aux jack, i swapped it out for a Aux port instead, its working all good now

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 Jazz VTi
    Hii! I may be a bit late entering in this conversation, but has anyone installed anything that connects the iphone/ipod into the stereo so that it can be controlled using the HU/steering wheel buttons (eg. xcarlink or the like)? I just bought a brand new jazz but it didnt have the ipod connectivity... it does have the aux capability though...

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Read the previous page, the one bennjamin bought does
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    got this but without the BT:
    http://www.cushieaudio.com.au/honda-ipd3.html