Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project

d16 ek engine in an eg

Hey guys, so ive got a 99 model ek sitting here but ive been quoted over 2.5 grand to fix it and get it back on the road, anyway is it possible to use my d16 engine and buy a eg shell and place it straight in (with help of mechanic ofcourse). the engine i have in the ek is pretty good condition (not into the whole vtec scene, i got a pretty fast bike already) i was thinking just to sell off my facelift front end and use the money to buy a eg shell. would there also be any trouble registering it in victoria or is there a eg that already had a d16 stock which i could drop mine into?

thanks
    Dusan

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    show us pics of the damage on your ek.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project
    its hit from the drivers side, the rear bumper and hub is bent inwards all the damage is on the rear panel , cars at another house where i store shit so i cant take photo yet
    Last edited by dusAn; 26-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.

its been done before,

But afaik, you need to change your intake manifold on the y4 motor to the stock manifold that the eg has.. (D15B7,D16Y1,D16A8) and i think the engine harness as well?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    Hey mate.. i have a 1992 Eg, and inside i have a D16Y4 engine in that.. atm its running 4x ITB`s but in the next week or 2 im converting it back to stock EFI, i just ordered the parts yesterday and they shall arrive on sat..

But yes champ. i have a D16y engine running in my 92 EG

Quote Originally Posted by prada21 View Post
    Hey mate.. i have a 1992 Eg, and inside i have a D16Y4 engine in that.. atm its running 4x ITB`s but in the next week or 2 im converting it back to stock EFI, i just ordered the parts yesterday and they shall arrive on sat..

your eg is the breeze one around casula yea? I always spot it at casula mall...

I always thought your car was still carby but just had a different engine?

PM me details of your engine man im so curious lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic 92'
    Pm sent

Unhappy Help!

Quote Originally Posted by prada21 View Post

Hey man, i have a D16Y5 in a 92 this car is a project but im stuck on the wiring issues can you help out at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Miicky View Post
    Hey man, i have a D16Y5 in a 92 this car is a project but im stuck on the wiring issues can you help out at all?
    You need to change your engine wiring harness. Get a wiring harness from D16Y1 to make it easier. You also need to change your alternator since its an obdII and ur EG is an obdI. Also get a d16y1 ecu.

The harness that was in it was running just chopped iv decided to attempt re-wire the eg civic door plugs into this loom and try the dash clip change for the original cluster only issue it's a auto one can't find manual.. The ecu I have runs and that's good but it's auto and car lags so I'm going for a stinger ems.. What do u think?

Quote Originally Posted by Miicky View Post
    The harness that was in it was running just chopped iv decided to attempt re-wire the eg civic door plugs into this loom and try the dash clip change for the original cluster only issue it's a auto one can't find manual.. The ecu I have runs and that's good but it's auto and car lags so I'm going for a stinger ems.. What do u think?
    why do u do it the hard way attempting to re wire? just buy a second hand one that has not been modified.

what eg is urs? GLi? GL?

learning curve? does not hurt to try. I gave up. i'm getting a Manual loom made for the D16Y5 engine to suit the 93 dash/cluster etc that should solve my problems cross fingers.