Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: im a HID nub!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    OK! can we stop bickering about whats better,

I want what nightkids has got, i wanna retro fit my Headlamps and put projectors inside the reflectors to accomodate a HID bulb.

how would i go about doing this?

do i buy a projector kit on ebay and tell them the size of my stock globe? and they make projectors that fit into that socket?

If u are gonna do that first buy headlights with a clear lens as the HID won't refract around so much and scatter the beams all over the place thus making ur projector conversion an expensive exercise in futility.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    OK! can we stop bickering about whats better,

I want what nightkids has got, i wanna retro fit my Headlamps and put projectors inside the reflectors to accomodate a HID bulb.

how would i go about doing this?

do i buy a projector kit on ebay and tell them the size of my stock globe? and they make projectors that fit into that socket?
    There are hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of guides on google.

Purchase a projector kit for RHD cars. You will need to put your headlights in the oven to remove the lens to mount the projector inside the housing.

Seeing as you don't know much about this, I would suggest that you get a shop to do it as you could do more harm than good..

An alternative would be to get a projector style headlight for your Jazz.. There are HEAPS of them online and will be cheaper and easier for you.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

I'm glad you're doing it properly GU357, there is really no point running HIDs in a reflector housing. Yeah you may be aiming it right down but then what's the point when you can illuminate a decent distance ahead of you? You're just wasting the power of HIDs.

So what tiksie is saying is let's illuminate 5 metres in front of you to not blind incoming traffic, well that's just pointless. I don't even fully believe that anyway cause I've had a friend who's set it all the way down and there's still glare. It's just the characteristics of reflectors, light still leaks out cause there's no proper cut off.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I don't mean to be beat a dead horse, but if i'm honest, aiming them slightly lower than normal (with 6000k) is no worse than 4wd. true story. It's only when you get dumb ****s who put H1's in H4's n shit.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    and any particular wattage?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I'm glad you're doing it properly GU357, there is really no point running HIDs in a reflector housing. Yeah you may be aiming it right down but then what's the point when you can illuminate a decent distance ahead of you? You're just wasting the power of HIDs.

So what tiksie is saying is let's illuminate 5 metres in front of you to not blind incoming traffic, well that's just pointless. I don't even fully believe that anyway cause I've had a friend who's set it all the way down and there's still glare. It's just the characteristics of reflectors, light still leaks out cause there's no proper cut off.
    I won't lose sleep just because you don't believe it mate.. I've been mucking around with HID's for a very long time.

GU357,

There are 100W kits out on the market now but that might upset NightKids as it might be too bright and set pedestrians on fire. Just go with a 55W or a 35W Kit.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ok thanks i find a guy that can do it all for me, taking your advice he says he knows how to set it up in original reflectors such that it is not blinding or glary by doing some fancy shit with the housing. dunno ill see him this monday!

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    He will probably put a cover on the inside/outside of the housing. That's another way to stop glare.

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    I won't lose sleep just because you don't believe it mate.. I've been mucking around with HID's for a very long time.

GU357,

There are 100W kits out on the market now but that might upset NightKids as it might be too bright and set pedestrians on fire. Just go with a 55W or a 35W Kit.
    lol says the guy who was trying to compare MTECs to Osram Rallye. There's always people who insist using HIDs in reflector housings, see it all the time on American forums... *sigh*

Anyway... yes as Tiksie mentioned some form of cover will be put on. Doesn't lower the glare but minimises it so that it doesn't look like this....

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i really like the projector look though, with high temp lights. ie 8k.

Not as bright and can be a bit dangerous in the rain. Your choice though, if you like the colour then go for it!