Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: exhaust help

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by s2krazie View Post
    Buy 2 muffler tips from auto barn or super cheap auto if you're after sound
    This post wins the OzHonda prize for being totally the exact opposite of correct. Mind you, on OzHonda it has some stiff competition.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    This post wins the OzHonda prize for being totally the exact opposite of correct. Mind you, on OzHonda it has some stiff competition.
    All the forums won't be the same without you, always the source of humor [especially the way you mock people never fails to amuse me] lol
    At OP, if you're looking for sound then HKS will be your best. They are well renown for the best sounding exhausts.

Goodluck

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda s2000
    FYI, i'm currently looking for an exhaust as well. I received a quote from one of the vendors on s2ki, HKS 75mm delivered to your front door for 1175. Note, on evasivemotorsports the exhaust is sold for 675 so if you believe that the 500$ is worth the shipping then go for it.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sae View Post
    All the forums won't be the same without you
    Hey, I ain't going nowhere, at least until the uberlords decide my vitriol outweighs my occasional useful insight.

Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Herp, just telling it how it is, my car's got tips only and changed the sound completely.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    No need to mention your viruses.

On the S2000 the tips are simply chrome dressings that surround the end if the exhaust. The idea that changing them, or removing them, or adding LEDs to them will make any difference to sound is ridiculous.

Now when you say tips, do you mean literally the tip or the whole muffler + tip?

Red LEDs on your exhaust make you go faster btw.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It was you that said 'tip' and by usual standards of the english language tip means the bit on the end. The S2000 has tips from the factory but they are just cosmetic chrome dressings.

The question should be, when YOU said 'tips' did you mean tips, or did you mean something like 'header, cat, mid section, y pipe, mufflers, oh, and the bit on the ends'.

Sorry, thought that by saying muffler tips would mean the muffler + tip, didn't think it'd be interpreted as the metal hole on the end of the exhaustamathingy.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I think the word we're all looking for is 'ANYWAY...'.

Are you seriously suggesting S2000 owners go to 'supercheap or autobarn' and pick up a couple of 'mufflers AND tips'? How do you suggest they fit them? You know the stock mufflers are welded on.

Seriously, it's best to actually know what you are talking about before giving advice here. Not that you'd know it from half the posts.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 27-09-2011 at 10:57 PM.

You really say it like you havn't read the thread.
    Op asks for help on what exhaust to get, people tell him which ones are good, he says he's after the sound, so I just let him know that bang for his buck = mufflers instead of a whole exhaust, just requires a bit of time and elbow grease.
    Grinder + welder can't replace your stock muffler with the 2 new ones?

You had a rough day or something? Seem more sarcastic than usual.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Well you said tips, which is BS to start with.

But even to suggest someone pick up a couple of off the shelf muffler and fit them is BS. Firstly, they have to be a fairly specific size to fit. Secondly you'd have to have them fitted by an exhaust shop, who will be pissed off you didn't buy them through him and charge you a heap.

Seriously, once you get through the misuse of the word tip, and the suggestion of off the shelf mufflers, your advice does have some merit. You can have your stock exhaust modified with aftermarket mufflers by an exhaust shop and maybe save a few pennies. But it took a whole page of clarification and ridicule to get here.

And no, this is pretty much my standard level of belligerence.