Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Vote krudd back in and they'll give u another stimulus package.
    I heard that Krudd got Knifed in the back by the wicked witch who now want's to introduce another TAX (Oh, they call it the Carbon Tax) lol....

Don't be fooled, any tax imposed on industry will be passed on to the consumer with interest.

Bring back Keating or Howard, I say.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Emission trading scheme was Howards idea.

And price passing to consumers? That was the whole point.

I'm not going to assume anything about China on the bubble, simple because they dont play the same rules, eg: If the stock market crashes? They simply shut down the whole market till the thing blows over. Large company on verge of collapse? They don't bail them out, they take over the sonovabitch, and run it as a state enterprise. Thing is, chinas domestic demand (par real estate in major cities) is still rather low, and wages also rather low, so China has a lot if wiggle room. Besides, a recession will deflate prices, which is good for the average Chinese citizen.... Win win...

I do support putting a price on carbon... And taxing the miners for that matter.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 24-09-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    Personally, I cant see how anyone can complain about the price of the Euro's. Back in 1994 I brought a new CD5 accord VTI for a touch over 42K, the current Euro is the series update of that model over 17 years & we are getting a lot more for our money now. The way i see it is the current Euro costs far less than the equivilent model 17 years ago so what do we have to complain about.

Add to that, we are earning a lot more these days, although the cost of living has increased substantially. The bottom line is we are getting a lot more car for our money now than we were all those years ago.
    +1

i paid around $36k back in 1996 for a new Civic EK Sedan VTI manual... (definitely paid too much!!).

Marc Faber explains the situation very clearly

Sydney's housing situation is pretty unique, for inner city (25km from CBD or less) too much demand, not enough supply, thus pricing skyrocket. I doubt there will be any bubble bursting for these properties, perhaps just a minor correction.

For outer surburbs thats another story, seen whole streatch of property with the for sale sign at those small townships far away from CBD like those near towards wollongong, stanwell park and blue mountains, etc...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Really? Last time I checked the development site next to sth cross drive in zetland (Victoria square) is still selling, I remember they were selling that place when I was a kid... 10 years ago, and the place still hasn't been built.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 26-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Really? Last time I checked the development site next to sth cross drive in zetland (Victoria square) is still selling, I remember they were selling that place when I was a kid... 10 years ago, and the place still hasn't been built.
    2 bed appt at zetland & waterloo area cost like 600k or more... for that kinda of money you can get a house if you drive out toward west

Yes, Although off their highs, the Inner West has held up very well. Perhaps better than the rest of Sydney.

The person who bought my place last year paid a record price for the street. Had to take out a >$Million mortgage. With that kind of a loan it comes as no surprise that there is less disposable income. Throw in a financial crisis into the mix coupled with job losses and distressed selling can quickly drive prices down.
    This has happened in the US and UK. Having lived and worked extensively in all three countries - USA, UK and Australia, I can't see why it can be any different this time.

As for the Carbon Tax - Tell me how 20M people can make any difference to the Carbon pollution problem. China and India must get onboard and I can't see that happening any time soon. Perhaps Gillard should appoint another committee to look into it (at great expense to the public).

The Stock Market is enjoying a snap back relief rally atm. Nothing has been solved. The problems remain.... Greece has no option but to default, which will then lead to the two big French Banks failing. German banks are also exposed. The contagion will then spread to Italy, Spain and Portugal. The days of the Euro are numbered..... imho

The situation is dire with politicians trying to find a solution but they are only able to kick the can down the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Yes, Although off their highs, the Inner West has held up very well. Perhaps better than the rest of Sydney.

The person who bought my place last year paid a record price for the street. Had to take out a >$Million mortgage. With that kind of a loan it comes as no surprise that there is less disposable income. Throw in a financial crisis into the mix coupled with job losses and distressed selling can quickly drive prices down.
    This has happened in the US and UK. Having lived and worked extensively in all three countries - USA, UK and Australia, I can't see why it can be any different this time.

As for the Carbon Tax - Tell me how 20M people can make any difference to the Carbon pollution problem. China and India must get onboard and I can't see that happening any time soon. Perhaps Gillard should appoint another committee to look into it (at great expense to the public).

The Stock Market is enjoying a snap back relief rally atm. Nothing has been solved. The problems remain.... Greece has no option but to default, which will then lead to the two big French Banks failing. German banks are also exposed. The contagion will then spread to Italy, Spain and Portugal. The days of the Euro are numbered..... imho

The situation is dire with politicians trying to find a solution but they are only able to kick the can down the road.
    China is already trialing a carbon trading scheme, and the central government grades each province on their 'Green' credentials, not that the western media will ever report on this.... Difference between China and here is that the Chinese has one of the worlds largest "Green" industry already (look at where all the solar panels were made) and enough capital to buy themselves to 'green-ness' if needed... overnight (so to speak). China also has access to nuclear power, 14 reactors and 27 in construction and another 50 odd planned (despite fukushima event).

India also has access to nuclear power, and the majority of their industry is not energy intensive compared to China/USA/Australia

20 million people will not make a difference, no. But the trading scheme should be a boost to the domestic alternative energy industry, and used as a social engineering tool. 2 birds with one stone, despite how dishonest it seems.

A Carbon Tax or any new tax is not the answer to the problems facing us. It's the wrong thing at the wrong time, with the world facing a depression worse than that which followed the 1929 stock market crash.

Nuclear Power is extremely hazardous and polluting. Just look at Fukushima....And what about the radio active waste??? Europe is looking to move away from Nuclear power due to it's inherent dangers and pollution.

The awful truth is that the technology exists for a greener planet (Hydrogen fuel cars, solar and wind power for every house). However, the governments are addicted to taxation from fuel exercise that the greener options are not encouraged. It can almost be viewed as a conspiracy by the major oil companies and governments.

Marc Faber explains the China Bubble and it's consequences

Particular notes on Real Estate and Commodities prices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNSHqyMZTqw