Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know this car.. It's been tracked.

And the dudes indo not chinese

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    how do u tell if a car's been tracked? Is there a s2k buying advice thread somewhere?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    enjoy ur car dude! you've done the service with honda, just take good care of it and stop worrying!

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yeah you're right.... its made to race anyway . I'm really happy with it and at least I know a little more about its history now. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Simmoyo; 03-10-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S2000
    i wouldnt worry too much, mods etc dont make any difference. it is a way of saying the previous owner was an enthusiast in a way.

as long as it was looked after, serviced properly etc it will be a good car.

you've got nothign to worry about mate, the guy was a good guy and looked after it. (no he is not my mate)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I appreciate it a lot guys thanks. I'm getting details from the previous garage and first owner regarding the odometer just so I make sure I service it correctly according to the kms its done. I'll keep you guys posted but thanks again for all the help. I got what I was looking for

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    If the car was well maintained and looked after by the previous owners who were reasonable drivers, then I wouldn't worry so much about it being tracked or not. 99% of owners don't regularly track their S2000s. I would be more worried about seeing a car that was poorly maintained, mods well outside spec for the sake of "looks" (i.e. big heavy 19" wheels), and an owner who doesn't appear to know or care much about Honda or the S2000 (i.e. they treat it like, 'it's just a Honda'). Just be mindful that most S2000s are now about 10 years old, and in recent years they have been driven by inexperienced P platers.

Good luck; I'd also recommend a thorough inspection via a reputable mechanic.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    No offense to P platers btw, but it's just the reality.

Member Array
    Wow. This is honestly a good buy. The owner of the car before you took care of it really well. I was actually gonna purchase this car but you beat me to it and for the price you bought it, good on you. Truth be told there, there's nothing more you can do to this car. It's near perfect.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmoyo View Post
    So do you think it was a good deal if the kms are correct; only problem is the air pump voltage too high/low; new clutch and soft top; and all the extras?

*by the way, the rear view window is actually glass, the photos were off carsales (obviously) but for some reason they were plastic

.. and I wouldn't allow that dangly thing in my car
    In the photo of the "supposedly" glass rear window, that is actually a glass window.
    Plastic rear windows go down the whole way where as glass goes only halfway.
    It's properties are actually glass but the feel of the material feels like plastic - only much harder.

Once again, good buy. I remember the price being higher, so I guess he really neeeded the dough.