Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heard about F22A1

When I look at my engine model.. I saw F22A1, I am not sure what model is that? Can anyone enlighten me.

What's its spec. How different is it to H22A

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 Prelude
    It's SOHC and non-VTEC, but still a 2.2L

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    Found on the Prelude S models and some early 89-91 4th Gen Accords and yes [Blitz] mentioned SOHC non VTEC engine...

F22A1 (SOHC)
    Displacement: 2156
    Compression Ratio: 8.8:1
    Power 97kw @5200rpm (130hp @ 5200)
    Torque 192Nm @ 4000rpm (142lb/ft @ 4000)
    Bore Stroke: 85mm/95mm

Cast Iron Type Sleeves (boost & forged pistons friendly)

From Phearable.net tech section as you can see there is many different H22Ax/F22Ax Specs

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/enginecodes.html

As for the H22A sleeves, FRM (Fibre Reinforced Material) forged pistons are not friendly with these sleeves. Closed Deck design on the Found on the BB4 Base Prelude (4th Gen) The BB6 (5th Gen used open Deck)
    Formerlly modproject

u'd think it'd be slower coz of the kw..
    but its actually not too bad coz its got good torque, a lot of ppl miss that

When you said boost friendly "Cast Iron Type Sleeves (boost & forged pistons friendly)" Do you mean I can add turbo to it?
    I am looking to convert my current F22A1 to H22A, is it recommend for a prelude S? Is it a straight forward engine swap or I need to change alot of other stuffs to run a H22A engine in a prelude S.

Member Array
    Car:
    12.46@112mph H2
    You can boost either motor, the F22A has a pretty good compression ratio (stock) for boost, im not saying it withstand high amounts of boost upgrading to forged pistons and bigger rods is highly recommended...

The comment i made about the sleeves is that cast iron sleeves in the F22A engine is forged piston friendly and can withstand a decent amount of boost, some engines in the states are running 14psi+ but coming back to the orginal question if you were going to put a H22A engine then decide to boost it, then you need to budget for resleeving the H22A block due to the FRM material not being BOOST and FORGED PISTON friendly, let alone the H22A compression is not ideal for boost...

As for the swap if you driven a H22A Lude and you like the performance then why not go for it, you will need to make a judgement if its worth the money or not...

And as for difficulty in swap, it will be more straight forward putting in the H22A into the prelude then it would if it were say an accord however some wiring modifications are still necessary
    Formerlly modproject

Member Array
    Car:
    97 h22a-t
    gees..190 or so nm of torque..
    its got more torque then a dc2 integra

Thanks for the infor Bower, I am wonder whether do you roughly know how much it will cost to boost the current F22A engine and the cost to convert it into H22A.
    I am not sure about adding boost to the current F22A as it has a rarely high mileage (185000 ) already thus I more willing to change to a H22A engine with a lower mileage
    Are you staying in brisbane? Do you know where can I get a second hand H22A and get it install?
    Initially I planning to sell my Prelude to get a skyline but after reading the spec you gave me, I decide to keep it and modify it instead. ( Its much more expensive to maintain a skyline as compare to a prelude hee hee )

Member Array
    Car:
    94 accord turbo
    hi ive got an accord putting a h22a from brisbane ring auto asian spares for a h22a half cut, that where a got mine or abc wreckers theres a h22a type s for sale 3500 buck to ge it installed mayhem motorsport.fist performance is doing mine or ask j spec accord if he can do yours his in this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by honda_prelude94
    Thanks for the infor Bower, I am wonder whether do you roughly know how much it will cost to boost the current F22A engine and the cost to convert it into H22A.
    I am not sure about adding boost to the current F22A as it has a rarely high mileage (185000 ) already thus I more willing to change to a H22A engine with a lower mileage
    Are you staying in brisbane? Do you know where can I get a second hand H22A and get it install?
    Initially I planning to sell my Prelude to get a skyline but after reading the spec you gave me, I decide to keep it and modify it instead. ( Its much more expensive to maintain a skyline as compare to a prelude hee hee )

Quote Originally Posted by filoaccord
    hi ive got an accord putting a h22a from brisbane ring auto asian spares for a h22a half cut, that where a got mine or abc wreckers theres a h22a type s for sale 3500 buck to ge it installed mayhem motorsport.fist performance is doing mine or ask j spec accord if he can do yours his in this forum
    To do have their contact?? I am planning to do my. Asked around... One of the workshop told me its cost 10000 for engine and installation man.....

For my current prelude, I have installed a new set of wheel and exhaust system. Would it be better if I sell my current prelude and get one which is VTIR or carry on with the engine swap?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    10000 for a swap is quite a lot, i'd say 5000-8000 depending on the engine cond., who you know, etc. etc. Would be cheaper/sensible if you had an Si

The S is much lighter as it doesnt have 4ws, Srs, or abs, but the VTIR's also have bigger brakes, not to mention it would be more reliable than doing a conversion. I'd say you would save much more money and headaches by sell/buy a vtir. Maybe if you were interested in a lighter car/no 4ws/putting in a jdm h22a or type-s engine etc you could consider a swap as an option.